Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: DCV Systems  (Read 2022 times)

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
DCV Systems
« on: 17 Mar 2010, 05:49:15 »
I am happy to present DCV Systems. This is a 'core' system with some useful functions and other systems that could be helpful.

DCV System: 1.00
DCV Inventory: 1.01

Each file contains a demo mission and ReadMe!

Inventory System
Special Function: If the amount you are trying to add (via the addItem function) plus the players item count is greater then the max item count, then it will add as many as it can.

For Example:
You have 48 items, the max item count is 50 items. You try to add 4, it will give you 2.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2010, 06:31:36 by DaChevs »
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: DCV Systems
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2010, 17:01:09 »
Why was this removed? :) I was going to check out the inventory system in particular to see how you had solved all the problems you originally had with mine. Hopefully you'll get it revised and submitted again however.  :good:

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2010, 06:35:46 »
I was hoping for some feedback but didnt get any really. So I thought people weren't happy with it and touched it up a bit. I read your post about the lack of inventory systems, and that is why I created this system :). Maybe we can work on some things together? Reuploaded.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2010, 06:47:34 by DaChevs »
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2010, 01:38:57 »
I tried out the inventory system and, well, it seems to work? What you need to do though is make a much more interesting demo mission which -really- shows off the possibilities of the system. Can you store items in places (cars, boxes, entirely virtually)? What about transferring items between places? What about descriptions/pictures for items so you know what they are aside from their name? The scripts and such seem very clean, so you should be able to build on these bare bones quite well.  :good:

What exactly does the "System" file do, though? Hard to test something you don't know what it's supposed to be in the first place :D

Keep up the good work!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2010, 06:12:28 »
Thanks :). The inventory now supports pictures (I'm working on descriptions).

The main 'system' has some functions that might be useful for users, it really isn't very complicated as I made it when I was creating the inventory system and haven't quite finished it. First post updated.
- Sean "Slug" Daley