Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Naming tasks so that they show up in the debrief  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Bahger

• Members
Naming tasks so that they show up in the debrief
« on: 16 Feb 2010, 03:49:12 »
It just occurred to me that the reason the two filled-in squares show up on my debrief without labels, i.e. descriptions of the tasks they correspond with, is that I don't think I named both objectives, a "Seek and Destroy" waypoint and a "Get In" for a helo extraction.

I'm wondering whether the best way to do this is in the "Name" field of the waypoint -- or some other field, perhaps -- or if it's better to enter the text in the Task Description paragraph of the Briefing.sqf file.

What do you think?

Offline zonker3210

• Members
Re: Naming tasks so that they show up in the debrief
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2010, 05:24:38 »
Have you tried using Taskmaster to handle your mission's tasks and notes?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=86206

It provides a nice interface that hides most of the complexity involved in creating tasks/notes. It also handles situations like JIP, etc. Just keep in mind that it's intended for use with MP missions. If you're working on SP missions, then it still might be helpful to look at some of the code to see what commands are being used.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Naming tasks so that they show up in the debrief
« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2010, 09:46:23 »
Or better yet, this Briefing Manager by Alimag:

(link to thread with dl url)

I've checked it out myself and it looks solid. Briefings are in Arma 2 no longer handled via a html file (although overviews are), but rather through a script that needs to be run through the init.sqf. This tool should automate most of these things for you, and you should also be able to find out the names of your tasks once you've done your briefing (it should be apparent in the line containing the createSimpleTask command).

Good luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"