Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Seek and Destroy" WPT/trigger will only activate after all defenders are dead  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Bahger

• Members
Guys can you help me with this rather basic issue? I have a Seek and Destroy wpt, which is a mission objective, synchronised with a trigger that will advance the mission objective to the next one (exfil). I always thought that if I make the wpt circle very small it would allow the trigger to fire once the only object inside it, the target, a mobile AA, is destroyed by the player with a satchel charge. However, nothing happens until every last defender is dead. This logic goes against what I am trying to do here. I do not need to take occupy the location, I just want to destroy the AA (named "MissionObjective01") and trigger the next objective, which is to get to the helicopter DZ.  I want the squad to have to exfil under fire once the objective has been completed, not to have to chase down the last enemy soldier. This is a raid, not an assault and hold mission.  Can you tell me what I have to do to untie objective completion from having to kill every last enemy? Many thanks.

EDIT:  Fixed it!  The trigger logic required me to specify Bluefor "Not Present" in order to activate, which makes sense, as "Present" would mean getting caught in the blast.  The default is "Present", hence the failure of the trigger to activate.  It's going to be a good mission...
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2010, 08:53:26 by Bahger »