Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom buildings (not BIS) placed in Visitor SOLVED  (Read 3863 times)

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Custom buildings (not BIS) placed in Visitor SOLVED
« on: 14 Oct 2009, 18:48:57 »
 I have been struggling with something fro a couple of days now and thought i would ask for some ideas /poiners/ help!! ;).

Ok here goes .
 My island set up.

p:/DBO/CA ,dbo_afghanistan,dbo_wall

dbo wall is configged as Land_dbo_wall so all good there for visitor .

my wall has Hitpoints just like Bis buildings everything is configged correctly ,i have tested them when placed in editor and all works well, i hit it the hole appears  i walk through , i satchel it after that it all falls down like a house and the rubble (ruins appears).

Now when i do the same to a wall placed in visitor , it ignores the hit points weakens the armour ( might be pscycological) and simply falls like a house no rubble.

so far i have tried the following without sucess.

1 .binarising before placing in visitor , nil sucess.
2 .added Map Building and class Building to geo lod propertites . no success.
3. configged the building inside the island cfg ( this made it work in arma 1, did away need for p/dbo). no sucess.
4. took the dbo_wall out of the namespace folder and rpatthed to p: direct , and olnly placed the cpp file inside the dbo_wall folder  and then placed those in my name space p:/dbo_wall .no sucess.
5 tired number 4 binarised and unbinarised ,added model.cfg to the namespace dbo_wall folder  when unbinned. no sucess

over to anyone who has achieved success or has anymore ideas .
 thanks in advance . db

Again i reiterate  the addon works fine with no error reprts in Bin log or arma.rpt. when placed via the editor

« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2009, 22:27:44 by DeanosBeano »
I love ofp

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Custom buildings (not BIS) placed in Visitor
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2009, 20:17:30 »
Your P: drive should have the ca\ folder separate by itself containing the relevant stuff from the ArmA2 game.

P:\
  bin\
  ca\
  core\
  dta
  myisland\
  anotherproject\
  yetanotherproject\
  etc

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2009, 21:42:55 »
yeah  i have that , kinda hard to write a structure in text without making everything look like its all in one folder i guess.
 anyway i am using the recomended  environment  

ca directly on p with all relevant stuff .
 another ca folder in dbo\ with only the configs parsed using the  bat file someone made.
 all Bis buildings work fine.
 i have copied exactly the build for my own custom stuff. too with  and countless other ways .
 no luck , i have also met people who can get bis ladders working and not there own. by using the recomended environment.

my last guess is that i simply have to attach my model cfg to the bottom of Bis buildings and also put my cpp stuff in bis buildings 2 cpp whilst binarizing but path the models to my custom folders, if that dont work then i am all out of angles.

« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2009, 21:46:31 by DeanosBeano »
I love ofp

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2009, 12:24:08 »
another ca folder in dbo\ with only the configs parsed using the  bat file someone made.
 all Bis buildings work fine.
Well, some say its "recommended", but I don't use it and my stuff works fine.
I have ALL BIS stuff in the main CA, and thats it. No copies of configs elsewhere.
I have converted many config.bin files to config.cpp. Both files are left there in each directory Maybe thats why it works.
My island directory sits in the P root. My (1) custom addon added to the map sits within a subdirectory within the island directory.
My "Addon" project directory setup within Visitor is blank.
Maybe worth trying.

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2009, 18:25:00 »

Thanks to all who replied to the thread  .
 I have fixed  it  with a combination of all ideas .

ca on p drive
 island on dbo\myisland
 objects  on dbo\myisland\myobjects

binarise   =  point to island folder click option and  source folder path  = \dbo\

rtms and hide anims now work on buildings

TY
DB
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2009, 22:27:27 by DeanosBeano »
I love ofp