Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mission Ideas?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Blacknite

• Members
  • Chiefs runs the navy!
Mission Ideas?
« on: 08 Oct 2009, 15:49:20 »
Anybody got a suggestion for a mission for Armed Assault 2?

Maybe recreation of Battlefield:  Bad Company?

Offline Binkowski

• OFP-fanatic
  • OFPEC Patron
    • My Personal Website
Re: Mission Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2009, 05:27:11 »
I usually just sit around until something pops in my head, and I write it down. That's how I got the ideas for my new US Army campaign. I usually try to base my missions off of real life experiences, training, etc. What we really do.

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2009, 05:42:33 »
You know what I haven't seen, suprisingly, are the old OFP missions where it just takes advantage of the game features. Like the ones where you just race around the map in different vehicles. I guess that stuff doesn't seem new or exciting anymore for most people. However, a lot of stuff would be great if it were brought to the new ArmA. Some just for fun maps would probably attract a lot of people on the public servers. As it is now, most servers have a tactical map up, and half the people want to mess around and be stupid.

My official idea is to have each player start out in a different section of Chernarus. They will have to use AI teammates to fight past the enemy. It will be such a relief when they meet up with real people. After the rendezvous, you could have them do the main objective. Alternatively, you could make it a race to the center of the map, where the person who gets to the top of the hill has to hold it for 2 minutes accumulatively (King of the Hill). You could probably automagically spawn the person who's currently the King into a tank (The T72, with which you can shoot the fuel drums in the back to blow it up). LOL, hope you like my idea.

Offline Blacknite

• Members
  • Chiefs runs the navy!
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2009, 20:51:57 »
Your right, people want to do their own thing, perhaps make a mission just for that.  Like the Sahrain for Life mission.  Except maybe Half Life or STALKER style?