Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How hard to convert "revive" to "revive AI" in mission?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline desertjedi

• Members
I found what looks to be a great mission using Sakakah that has AI disabled and uses the standard "revive" function (non-AI). I'd like to enable AI and convert the revive function to "revive AI". Anyone have any thought as to how that task would go? Will I find that the revive function is too intertwined in the mission's scripts for easy change?

UPDATE: My gut feeling is that for someone with my very limited editing experience, trying to do the above conversion would be too hard. Since I'm going to want to use "group respawn" anyway with AI teammates (not "base respawn"), I'll probably just go ahead and disable the revive function. I think there might be a global switch for that (I hope).
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2009, 20:55:17 by desertjedi »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: How hard to convert "revive" to "revive AI" in mission?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2009, 18:11:23 »
Best choice would be to PM norrin or ask here.

Offline desertjedi

• Members
Re: How hard to convert "revive" to "revive AI" in mission?
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2009, 23:56:17 »
Thanks but I'm going to do a Sakakah mission from scratch. At first I thought Sakakah was somehow brutal on PCs but it turns out that the mission I'm editing has a TON of stuff going on (GL3, Revive, etc., etc.) and the frame rate was in the low-to-mid 30s. Just to prove my theory I went into the editor with Sakakah and I saw the frames go over 100. Since my gaming buddy would never be able to play this mission as is, I'm going to create a much simpler mission from scratch and implement AI Revive myself.