Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Modify rate of fire? {answered}  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Dajan

• Members
Modify rate of fire? {answered}
« on: 02 Sep 2009, 20:31:25 »
I suspect I'm on to a loser here - certainly I couldn't find anyone else who'd been dumb enough to ask, but:-

Is it possible the use a script to reduce the AIs gung-ho attitude toward ammo? Watching a squad blaze away at a running target 300m distant is depressing in itself, but when they're all gunning on rock n roll I just can't help nashing my teeth! Given how bloody awkward it is to rearm a squad mid-firefight I often find myself wondering how the hell an AI can possibly have gone to the hollywood school of marksmanship ::)

So to reitterate: Can I restrict the AI to semi-auto fire via a script?

TIA
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2009, 00:03:32 by Dajan »

Offline hamis

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Modify rate of fire?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2009, 07:07:19 »
I think these values in config of Weapons.pbo has something to do with it:aiRateOfFire,
aiRateOfFireDistance.I think some mods have better values,check Bi-forums for them.

Offline Dajan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2009, 21:09:52 »
Sounds like you're saying adjustment can only be done by editing the weapons in their containing .pbo, not through any in-game scritping or functions, yes?

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2009, 02:39:43 »
Well, it's the cleanest solution and the way it is meant to be changed. Any other "solution" (if possible at all) should be considered a workaround.

So, yes. :)
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline Dajan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Sep 2009, 00:03:15 »
Okey dokey, guess It can't really be clearer than that  :D