Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Poly/Face counts for ArmA 2  (Read 2260 times)

Offline coyote39

• Members
Poly/Face counts for ArmA 2
« on: 02 Sep 2009, 02:09:24 »
Anyone know the poly/face counts for soldiers, vehicles, weapons, etc. for ArmA 2? I can guesstimate for soldier models based on the examples, but for vehicles, weapons, etc. I'm at a loss as to the limit for these.

coyote39

Offline modEmMaik

• Members
Re: Poly/Face counts for ArmA 2
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2009, 11:55:21 »
I checked a car model with 18.5k points / 19.5k faces for another mod team and it worked smooth, even on my rig.

Most of the BI-vehicles seem to have about 10k points / 13k faces. For weapons I would guess about 4k / 4k in the pilot view and 2.5k / 2.5k in the first LOD (e.g. M107 model. Most detailed model is included in the pilot view).

It seems that the BI models match their A1 counterparts, which are avilable as samples for download. The major difference seems to be the "super shader" between A2 and A1.

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Re: Poly/Face counts for ArmA 2
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2009, 19:10:57 »

when the model dont load in bulldozer you have gone to far ;).

Like the poster above says Arma1 and 2 will probably have same kind of counts on there models so you could take a guestimate from the arma1 mlods and may even be able to reduce when abusing the new shaders.
 Ultimately i believe the major factor is how many Verts the model as a whole contains when you add up all the res lods and the other lods  , but i am not as well versed as many others here within who will let you know about that one i`m sure.

I love ofp