Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: having problem with unofficial islands  (Read 1670 times)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
having problem with unofficial islands
« on: 10 Aug 2009, 15:26:54 »
I have never succeeded in adding an unofficial island to ArmA
I just put the pbo in addons folder (as the author said) .....and when i click on the resp island name on the island selection screen....I always is sent back to desktop with some kind of error.....showing some things like a config is not found and some times islandname.wrp is not found!

What the heck is happening with my game??????
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: having problem with unofficial islands
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2009, 15:50:50 »
What Island did you try? Maybe it's a faulty addon, and not the game that's been causing the problem.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2009, 16:13:33 »
EVERY ISLANDS i tried has this problem!!!! :(
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2009, 17:17:10 »
Well, judging from the other questions you have posted today it sounds as if you are running a pirated and cracked version of ArmA, rather than paying for the retail version. Not much to be done then, really.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2009, 04:03:10 »
Also, Since you are still stuck in version 1.04, which was the first public release version and folks did not start releasing addons and islands and such until after the updated versions such as 1.06 or better, then you may never find any addons or islands that are configured properly for your verison.

With all of the problems that you have been experiencing in both OFP and Arma, I would feel safe in commenting that if you truly enjoy the games, it would be well worth your money to purchase the original content. You may be able to find a deal on amazon.com. If you could come up with a mailing address. Then the games will become far better than what your experiencing and way more enjoyable.

I'm sorry we can't be much more help to you.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2009, 05:34:53 »
OFPEC won't support those who don't purchase the game. If your really into the BIS game titles then purchase directly from ideagames as the money goes directly to the developers.

Locking...
Xbox Rocks