Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Can't load when the mission is saved!(arma CTD'ed) Similar to Savebygrace's  (Read 2821 times)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
The game crashes to desktop(CTD) when i attempt to load a saved mission.
This only occurs when i load a certain mission.......the mission is clean sweep (my personal edition)
Some replies in Savedbygrace's problem which is similar to this one stated that this is due to over-used of variables etc
but i haven't received any error message ,it just sent me to desktop............!
I managed to find the .rpt but i don't know where.......

Is this caused due to over-use of variables!
I think i used a lot more variables in another mission which runs smoothly.....
And also there are only about 70-80 enemies and 40-50 allies.....in the mission!

Am i missing some thing?
Haroon1992...............................
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
More than likely, yes it is caused by many named objects/units or global variables.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Yes i saw your thread about this but...i only used group variables.....like
enemies=group this;{_x domove getpos base1} foreach units group this

I have carefully counted the number of variables i used for the units and i found there are only 5 of them
smallheli,vulcancar,playersniper,etc.....

I have placed a group of soldiers(A)...and other group of mechanized squads (with UAZ or BMPs) (B) then i make a JOIN waypoint from B to A so that B will join A a few seconds after the mission starts......
That leads to having more than 12 units in a group while saving....is this the problem?????
There are about 8 groups of enemies ,and each 2 will join together after start-up.......
I'm in hell right now! :(
Haroon1992.........................
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
That thread was related to OFP. I am unaware of the limits of groups or variables in arma. I also am unclear on wether or not group variables are counted against the engines limit to cause a savegame bug.

I must also say this....taking into consideration that your version is 1.04, there may perhaps be a command that you are using that was implemented in later versions. Please don't mark this as so but it's just a hunch. BIS is afterall, already working on version 1.16. Hopefully someone will confirm or invalidate that hunch.

I could also say that since you have tried to patch your version unsuccessfully several times, that there may be underlying causes that no one can figure for. It may do you well to reinstall a fresh version. Please ignore that comment if you have already done this.

I realize this may not be tremendously helpful to your resolve but we can only speculate with the circumstances that you provide.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
haroon1992,

We can only guess really at what might be wrong, perhaps you can post what the RPT says about it.

RPT will be located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\ProfileName\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
THIS IS NOT ARMA II , I am having problem with ARMA I :blink:

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Ok, same location:   :whistle:

C:\Documents and Settings\ProfileName\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.