Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help with patching the ArmA game  (Read 2025 times)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Help with patching the ArmA game
« on: 02 Aug 2009, 14:23:29 »
I got a slight chance to download ArmA patch 1.05,so i have downloaded ArmA Euro Update....
I waited some times during the patching and when the patching is done..........
I can't open the game.......i clicked the icon and error occured saying "No disk in cd rom "

I saw my version of Arma at the lower left of the main screen,,,,it says version 1.04xxxxx a lot of characters behind "4" !

I ain't using ArmA Vanilla.
Pls help me////////////////
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Help with patching the ArmA game
« Reply #1 on: 04 Aug 2009, 19:34:08 »
You only need to know which game version you have bought and which update did you install previously. If not sure, reinstall your game and then apply all updates in right order depending on the original game version you have (you can determine your version number from the main menu of ArmA or from Windows desktop):
What version do you have?
Boxed ARMA: GOLD edition or ARMA Online Download (version 1.08)

* Download and install International 1.14 update only

US version ArmA: Combat Operations by Atari, box and download (Version 1.06)

* Download and install US 1.08 update
    * When updated to version 1.08, Download and install International 1.14 update

European boxed DVD ArmA: Armed Assault by 505 Games (Version 1.04)

* Download and install Euro 1.05 update
    * When updated to version 1.05, download and install International 1.08 update

German, Russian, Czech or Polish Boxed DVD ArmA: Armed Assault or online download v. 1.0, 1.01, 1.02 and 1.04

* Download and install International 1.05 update
    * When updated to version 1.05, download and install International 1.08 update

Biki Update Guide
Xbox Rocks

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2009, 14:51:50 »
i have ArmA:Armed Assault Version 1.04XXXXX (x are numbers behind 4)

The problem in first post occured when I have patched my ArmA with Euro Update 1.05

I have reinstalled ArmA (which is 505 release with version 1.04XXXXXX) and patched again and got the same thing!??????????????????????????

Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 05 Aug 2009, 15:42:36 »
If your disc is not authentic, it may very well be the cause as to why you keep getting the no disk errors. Is this an actual production disc or a copy?

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #4 on: 05 Aug 2009, 15:54:57 »
After the installation i have to copy and paste a folder called "HATRED" ......

And a crack file of ArmA too.....(i think crack files are just used so that you don't need to insert the disc 
everytime you play the game,isn't it?)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 05 Aug 2009, 16:08:31 »
Using a NOCD crack is not recommended, in fact your patch is probably checking for the disk and not finding it it fails.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #6 on: 10 Aug 2009, 16:15:46 »
Yes its a NOCD crack and i tried to copy and paste afte Euro Update 1.05 is installed...
The game started and while its loading....i was sent back to desktop showing "VertexShader not found " or some thing...................