Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trigger Activation  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Mysterious Hu

• Members
Trigger Activation
« on: 26 Jul 2009, 20:00:15 »
I remember having a trigger in one of my missions that would only be activated by ground units - the Activation was something like "this and typeof land" - I cannot find the original mission among my dozens of partially finished bits and bobs and I can't remember the condition sufficiently clearly to find it on the forums- can you please help?  ???

The trigger should detect any Blufor units entering the area; however it should not be triggered by air units.

Oops - just checked "Your Threads" on this forum and came across my previous thread that contained the required info - what a dunderhead  :blink:

The condition I was looking for is "this and "Land" countType thislist > 0"

Sorry to have troubled you - how do I mark this thread as solved?
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2009, 20:48:45 by Mysterious Hu »

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Trigger Activation
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2009, 21:59:54 »
OFPEC Forum has no 'solved' indicator, since there may be more contributions to a thread even when you've solved your problem. Glad you found the solution though  :good:

Offline ual002

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2010, 23:24:38 »
How would I do that same thing but also exclude a specific unit type, oh say... the russian pilot that ejects and becomes a ground unit?

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2010, 14:41:12 »
this AND {_x isKindOF "Land" AND not (_x isKindOF "TheUnitTypeYouWantToExclude")} count thislist > 0;

The russian pilot's unitType is the same no matter whether he is in a chopper or on ground.

But if you want to exclude Russian Pilots that are in choppers , you have to type the class name of the chopper instead of the russian pilot classname.

If anything described above is wrong, then it's just my dumb memory unable to memorize what i've done in the past.

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline ual002

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2010, 19:36:39 »
no no no, not dumb.  ill try it, thanks.  It at least points me in the right direction for syntax.  Either way, very helpful.  Cheers :clap: