Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI: Set Satchel & Launch Charge.  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Brandon

• Members
AI: Set Satchel & Launch Charge.
« on: 16 Jul 2009, 18:35:10 »
I have this "Command Editor" From OFP still and the commands it gives I guess don't work for Arma2... Previously I suppose it was:

Code: [Select]
unitname fire["Put", "Pipebomb"]

unitname action ["touchoff"]

Can anyone let me know what it is now? Thanks.

Edit: Also - In addition, is there a way to level a small section of forest? I was going to use AI to set a large amount of satchels there, but perhaps theres a better - faster way - but I have no experience with scripting so I don't know what sort of script would be best to look for.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2009, 18:37:20 by Brandon »

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: AI: Set Satchel & Launch Charge.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2009, 16:36:53 »
The same method should still work. The only difference is that the action command now requires you to repeat the name of the unit a second time, as a second parameter. It should look like this:
myUnit action ["TOUCHOFF", myUnit]
The remotely detonated satchel is still called pipeBomb. And if I remember it correctly the timer version of the satchel is called timeBomb.

EDIT: Destroying large quantities of map objects was discussed here a few days ago in this thread. Unfortunately the two participants didn't share their mutual solution with the rest of the world  ::), but if they do I'm sure the same techniques that apparently works on buildings could be used on trees as well.
« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2009, 16:43:23 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline stephen271276

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2009, 16:28:17 »
Cant get this to work on Arma 2??? Can some one pplease type out what to put in the init box of the WP to plant then wthe WP the set it off as Ive been trying this for nearly 2 hours???

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2009, 16:42:24 »
To place the satchel:
unitname fire ["pipebombmuzzle", "pipebombmuzzle", "pipebomb"];
To detonate it:
unitname action ["TOUCHOFF", unitname];