Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Knife Kill" action menu in MP? Any help apreciated.  (Read 1873 times)

Offline tjzil

• Members
Alright, so I'm pouring over Mr Murrays english arma editing guide.
I found the section on being able to inflict damage on a unit through scripting, but it doesnt say how to do it to the nearest person.

What I want to do is have a knife kill action available in the action menu that you can only do when within a couple meters of someone, and it instantly, and most importantly, silently kills an enemy. This way, you can stealth kill without using a firearm which seems to tip off his buddies half the time.

Will this work in MP, let alone at all?

I am a newb to scripting but have dabbled in scirpting and am starting to learn.
Any help is much apreciated.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: "Knife Kill" action menu in MP? Any help apreciated.
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2009, 04:17:56 »
Killing automatically tipping off unaware buddies is a known bug which is apparently fixed already, but not in the current release.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline tjzil

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2009, 04:34:17 »
If it comes down to it ill just not have the bad guys in the same group.
And i would like to have this script none the less, because it could have some interesting PvP results as well.

But above all esle i want a way to knife kill AI in MP coop missions, even if the other AI know about it

Offline Blacknite

• Members
  • Chiefs runs the navy!
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2009, 19:03:41 »
You can set up an action for the particular person you want to kill.  If doing this in MP, you will have to select every person.