Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Music&Sound&Radio tutorial  (Read 22351 times)

Navy_Seals

Re:Music&Sound&Radio tutorial
« Reply #60 on: 27 May 2003, 18:38:58 »
Hey there Shaggy man, sorry but i dont come here as often as i used too :P And after seing u say its ok, few days ago i just figured that all was cool hehe. Anyways ill look into ur problem later today cos im kinda busy right now.
Cheers ;) :joystick:

Shaggy

« Reply #61 on: 29 May 2003, 18:59:11 »
Ah navy seals.....

..no problem man, nice one :)

I dont want to be a pain but i was starting to think that this thread was closed.

I thank you in advance. And thank you for replying

:cheers:

Navy_Seals

« Reply #62 on: 02 Jun 2003, 18:38:28 »
Ok lets see here. First i suggest u change the names u use in description.ext to something like this

class CfgMusic
{
  tracks[]=
  {
      song1
  };

class song1
  {
      name = "song1";
      sound[] = {\music\song1.ogg, db+30, 1.0};
  };
};
Didnt work?! Make sure that the file is in the right directory and that the folder is named properly. So if u say that its in \music\song1.ogg directory then check if ur folder is named Music and is in the mission folder.
Didnt work?! Then check the sound file itself. Make sure that it is converted at Frequency 44100Hz, 128kbps Bit Rate, 16 bit, stereo, Encoding - Constant Bitrate!!! I suggest u use dbPowerAMP simple and easy to use and does the job well.
Didnt work?! Well then i guess ill have to check ur mission, sound file, description.ext and everything that u r doing. Another alternative is i can make a simple small mission and u can go from there. Check the description.ext with urs, try playing ur sound file in the mission. SO if its not gonna work then ull know that u havent converted it properly.
Well besides that, i think is all im gonna have to say for now. Let me know if u r experiencing any problems and what kind.
Cheers ;)

beowulf2014

« Reply #63 on: 03 Jun 2003, 06:38:30 »
Question:
 I have created a looping script that plays music when when the vehicles dammage is below half...but it keeps looping even when vehicle is repaired....could someone plz help me to figure out how to stop this?

the vehicles are _this....in other words no named cause its running off of a respawn as well..thanx ;D

Navy_Seals

« Reply #64 on: 03 Jun 2003, 14:50:36 »
Lets see if i still remember this hahaha.
In ur loop before it goes to the starting point to play music, put this.

? getDammage _this > 0.5: 5 fadeMusic 0

Well something like that. And i think u should ask this question in the general forum. Ull get more replies.

Cheers ;)

Shaggy

« Reply #65 on: 05 Jun 2003, 03:17:23 »
Navy Seals, sorry man. I am still having trouble, I was wondering if you have some time on your hands as you said, could you make a small mission with the sound file in it and either upload to your website (if you have one) or email it to me? I will post my main email address on this if you wish to send via email.

:cheers:

Navy_Seals

« Reply #66 on: 06 Jun 2003, 14:41:14 »
Hey Shaggy i think i did a mission a while back and poste it here, should be on page 3 of this tutorial, but if u cant find it then here is a direct link http://ofptf.ofprc.net/hosted/NS/DropZone.Abel.zip
Well its nothing fancy, besides i did it like 4 month ago or so :D but it should do just fine. Well let me know if everything is cool
Cheers ;)

Shaggy

« Reply #67 on: 08 Jun 2003, 22:36:58 »
I dloaded that a while ago of you when you posted about it on the forum. It never worked because the addons .....i never had  :-\

And i cant find them anywhere. And i have the Ultimate Addon pack  ???

Sorry to put you through this confusion.

Cheers :cheers:

Shaggy

« Reply #68 on: 11 Jun 2003, 16:55:17 »
 :thumbsup: I got it working mate  :thumbsup:

Happy days ! CHEERS! :cheers:

Now i can get on with my 3d modeling  ;D
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2003, 16:55:54 by Shaggy »

ZeeZ

« Reply #69 on: 05 Aug 2003, 19:05:45 »
Hey really helpful!! ;D

but is there a script to add a controler to your radio so that you can turn
the music that u have added on/off???

GaryP

« Reply #70 on: 17 Aug 2003, 15:52:35 »
Thank you for the tutorial.  I am a newbe (2 weeks).  I guess I'll always be learning something.  

Antway, I got all the sounds working great, but I will mention that wav2lip needs to be in the root of your drive.  (C:\ or D:\) It would not work for me any other way.

dBpowerAMP rocks.  I use it to convert my .wav files from the windows recorder to the correct format.

Thanks to you, and to all who made the tutorials.  I am also a programmer by trade.  I am working on a way to automate all of this.
  Maybe read all of the files in a folder and create the discription file because it's a pain. ;)

And here's a side note.  The GoldWav software makes really cool radio voices.  I'm using it now.  Thanks for a super tip.
« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2003, 16:03:11 by GaryP »

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #71 on: 18 Aug 2003, 02:11:44 »
Antway, I got all the sounds working great, but I will mention that wav2lip needs to be in the root of your drive.  (C:\ or D:\) It would not work for me any other way.

If you were to read the readme for wav2lip you will find that it will work when put in any path, provided there are no spaces in any of the directory names.

Mine's at:
G:\opflashpoint\working
and goes fine ;)

Leech

« Reply #72 on: 16 Nov 2003, 03:50:26 »
man i hope sumbody looks at this again

im having the same damn problem everybody else was having in this thread with the description.ext :noo:!!?? that sample mission won't download and i promise im doing  ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE HAS POSTED and the music file wont even show up under effects/music (i realize its not any of ur alls fault i just dont get wats wrong with what i put in)       shaggy...how did u solve the problem????      i guess im asking for another example because the first one seems to have...um...expired? wutever
any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Leech

« Reply #73 on: 16 Nov 2003, 17:37:34 »
o man im soooooo stupid..
disregard my last post...i looked over the tute more carefully and realized i didnt change it to "all files".....gotta be more careful next time :P hehehe

anyway i have a new question.....what are acceptable values when defining the sound volume(db+?) and the pitch???

Kaarna.fi

« Reply #74 on: 01 Dec 2003, 17:05:29 »
Thanks for the good tut, Navy Seals :)