Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Desperately need help with my config.cpp  (Read 2482 times)

Offline BATTLE-TOAD

• Members
Desperately need help with my config.cpp
« on: 22 Jun 2009, 23:06:29 »
I just finnished creating an HMMWV half track (tires in front/tank style tracks in back) but I can't figure out how to get both the tracks and the wheels to function simultaneously.

The .p3d has everything required I Just need to figure out how to setup my config.cpp to support both a tank and an hmmwv type vehicle if at all possible in anyway. I'm hoping there is some way to define the vehicle and the tracks perhaps as seperate entities(?)

So far I've tested the model with a config.cpp setup for a tank type vehicle and a car type, with a tank setup the tracks work but obviously the wheels do not and visa versa with the car setup.

the config.cpp is where I'm inexperienced as i've never created my own from scratch. However, I have tweaked existing ones for fun so i do know how they work I just dont know exactly what all can be done with them and what the limitations are I guess.

I've tried searching all over the internet for tutorials or just different example config.cpp's and found lots of stuff but so far none of it has offered a single bit of help.

Thanks in advance for any responses, Hopefuly I'm just being noob and there is an easy solution! haha

UPDATE: DU'OH! my model.cfg is incomplete. (I'm a noob still if that's not obvious) I guess if anyone can link me some good tutorials (specificaly for model.cfg, config.cpp) I would be forever greatful because I'm stumbling around in the dark trying to figure out how to get this thing to work properly and I dont expect somone to be able to explain exactly how to do this.
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2009, 00:04:36 by BATTLE-TOAD »

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
Re: Desperately need help with my config.cpp
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2009, 07:08:00 »
For the start post your code in http://pastebin.com/ and post the link to it.  :)

You cannot make tracked and car. It is either or.
It terms of a half track - you could try to ask the WWII mods how they do it.

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2009, 10:39:34 »
One method for Half tracked vehicles (which are really Cars) can be made by linking the "speed" animation to the tracks, and looping the action such that they look like they're moving.

Check with the I44 team to see how they did it exactly.

Offline BATTLE-TOAD

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2009, 21:10:07 »
Cool, thanks for the tip I will definately see if I can find the mod you speak of and hopefully make contact with the person(s) who made it.

As far as code there is still none to speak of as far as anything I've made myself. I've just been modifying the model.cfg and config.cpp from other mods to see what's possible and maybe understand them a little better.

the model doesnt have an special animations or anything so the configs and skeletons from pretty much any unarmed car or tank like a bmp ambulance for example works with the model's respective parts.