Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: G.C.I. Mission 1 - Piranha  (Read 2054 times)

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
G.C.I. Mission 1 - Piranha
« on: 08 Jun 2009, 23:06:43 »
The Guild of Calamitous Intent presents:

Mission 1 - Piranha

storyline... blah.. i still hate typing...
clear out the island of Utes of all enemy presence.

features:
insertion via boat or HALO

vehicles respawn after 5 minutes.

sitrep: 25 west vs 280 east  .. typical ratio for my missions.

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
Re: G.C.I. Mission 1 - Piranha
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:17:20 »
Hmm, no feedback here at all?
Probably because the mission can't be played. The filename is incorrect thus it won't show up in the mission selection screen. The filename is GCI_Mission_1.pbo when it should be GCI_Mission_1.Chernarus.pbo. We were planning to give this mission a try today in our group, but I noticed this issue and couldn't bother restarting the server with the correct filename, so we played some other missions instead...
I will post some feedback once we actually get to play this mission next time.

Update: Well, we got to play it now. I've got to say that the mission is really confusing. The briefing seems really unfinished - no markers, not really any tasks assigned, no intel, nothing.

When we got on to the mission itself, as HALO jumpers, we started inside the plane, traveling to an unknown destination. We decided to stay inside, in case there was an auto jump or at least a message from the pilot when we're at the drop zone. Suddenly the plane exploded and we respawned at some random friendly base with fire fighting going on. We restarted the mission soon after.

This time, we jumped before the plane exploded in mid-air and ended up spread out in a forest near the South-Western coast. We ran into some enemy patrols but got killed after some while. At this point, we decided to end the mission because it wasn't really clear what to do...
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2009, 16:56:28 by Rellikki »

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2009, 22:07:16 »
 :o

somebody actually found this?! lol

thank you for taking the time to post some feedback... i think its the 1st.. in the year plus i'm been doing this here.

not sure why you had all those problems..  we have this on the sealz server and have no issues.. we will go over it again.

i will agree with a few things.

there is no briefing or markers... they are needed.
the halo also needs something done with it.
*also.. i did make a change the the end marker size. as pilots like to land in the water and can be impossible to find.. even with fuel-air bombs. :blink:

but it is meant to be confusing... being dropped into a serious firefight. that way the squad must work together or all the loners get wasted.

i will re-work this and submit it if there is actually interest in it.

the entire purpose of this, is a starter mission to warm us us before we go into a large scale battle. just a 'kill everyone' mission.. nothing special.

it takes 10-15 of us to clear the island.. in about 30 minutes.

again.. thanks
 :good:
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2009, 00:01:56 by loki72 »

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2009, 13:23:14 »
I just had a thought - Was this mission supposed to be on Utes? Because we played it on Chernarus, around the South-Western coast. It might have been the cause for some things... I guess we named it incorrectly when trying to make it show up in the mission selection screen... Chernarus instead of Utes.

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2009, 19:11:09 »
yes.. on utes.

:)