Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Understanding Arma2 Locations (Gamelogic??)  (Read 4146 times)

Offline trooper543

• Members
Understanding Arma2 Locations (Gamelogic??)
« on: 31 May 2009, 00:17:05 »
Hi there all

I hope that this is the right place to post this Question. I noticed that in arma2 there is a thing called locations (I have a german version of arma2) and this offer some sort of game logics- if any one could explain to me wha these are used for

Many thanks in advance

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Understanding Arma2 Locations (Gamelogic??)
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2009, 03:58:13 »
You're in the right place.
I've only tried a few obvious ones, like the ambient civis. These are pretty cool, you can instantly add civilian ambience with a click of a button. 
Xbox Rocks

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2009, 05:09:00 »
No, you are thinking of modules, Hoz. Locations are another type of magic logic entirely. Well, each map, like utes, comes with locations already defined on it. They are used by modules and scripts so they know where to do things. E.g. where to place people (ambient civilians and vehicles are more likely to appear in cities than in the wilderness). Notice that there is an "open space" location type, which is probably the sort of place that the side-missions system would choose to place an enemy camp. Anyway, what this all means is that if you want to mark other locations on the map, such as if you setpos a city somewhere, you can ensure that other scripts treat it as such. Not positive about all this, but it seems to make sense to me.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline trooper543

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2009, 09:31:08 »
@Hoz

Many thanks for the response, I fell off the chair when i discovered the ambedient life and civilian logics! I was gobsmacked!! Man this really makes a mission  makers dream come true!

@Spooner

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i understand those "locations Logics" a little more now. I think that this is an impressive feature by BIS.