Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Get In Nearest" Waypoint Problem! Help!  (Read 1357 times)

Offline waylay00

• Members
"Get In Nearest" Waypoint Problem! Help!
« on: 09 Apr 2009, 04:14:45 »
I'm trying to experiment with various triggers, since I'm new to making missions. I am making a trigger so that when my group of OPFOR scouts spots the enemy, a group of OPFOR pilots at the airbase scrambles to four available single seat MiGs. So for this waypoint, I have selected the "Get In Nearest" option, as I assumed that all four pilots would get in all four planes. However, the squad leader is the only one who gets in the one of the planes. The rest of the pilots just stand there, even though there is room in the other planes.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
Re: "Get In Nearest" Waypoint Problem! Help!
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2009, 10:01:42 »
You are expecting too much! ;)

The "Get In Nearest" waypoint will only find a single vehicle. So the group will try to mount one MiG. Since there are not enough seats the rest of the group will simply do nothing.

Solution: Split the group and use four waypoints. Take care that not two pilots try to mount the same plane.
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 09 Apr 2009, 12:13:59 »
Or you can write a small script and use assignAsDriver and orderGetIn commands.
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 09 Apr 2009, 14:47:12 »
Or in fact, just assign each pilot to a plane using AssignAsDriver, and then place down a single Get In waypoint anywhere close (not on top of) the planes - the Get In waypoint acts more or less exactly the same as (array) orderGetin TRUE -> each pilot will board their assigned position, and so on.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"