Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mi-17 Transport refuses to land and unload.  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Viscous

• Members
Mi-17 Transport refuses to land and unload.
« on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:24:11 »
I'm sure someone has encountered this problem but I can't seem to locate a proper fix.

I'm trying to trigger Mi-17's to take off, land in a hot zone, unload and then fly away.

The current setup is -

1 Mi-17 Transport (Empty)

1 Squad (In Cargo using 'This moveInCargo [array pos]'): Way Points - GET OUT, SEEK AND DESTROY

1 Pilot: Way Points - GET IN, UNLOAD (On invisible 'H' and Mi17_1 land "LAND" in 'On Activation'), MOVE (Final Destination)

Problem 1: Helicopter won't land at the UNLOAD despite being on an 'H' and the Way Point itself having Mi17_1 land "LAND" in the On Activation field. If I remove all Way Points after the UNLOAD stopping the chain at UNLOAD then the Helicopter will land. I need it to continue once the squad disembarks.

Problem 2: The squad refuses to disembark. Currently they start in the Helicopter and have a GET OUT Way Point Placed by the Pilot's UNLOAD Way Point. I've tried Synchronizing the GET OUT and UNLOAD Way Points but that only results in the Helicopter hovering above the 'H' and refusing to land.

So far I've been unable to locate a fix for the issue or perhaps I'm just doing it entirely wrong. any input is appreciated, thanks!  :good:
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2009, 21:27:28 by Viscous »

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: Mi-17 Transport refuses to land and unload.
« Reply #1 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:38:52 »
When the units "inCargo" are NOT in the same group as pilot you must use:

Pilot - WP "Transport Unload"
Squad - WP "Get Out"

Then you have to synchronize those two waypoints  :P
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Viscous

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:43:21 »
I JUST found that out, tabbed back to the forum and you had the answer  :blink:

It is actually working great without the Transport Unload and the Get Out Synced. Just tried it Synced and it seems to make no difference, either way, problem solved, thanks!

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Apr 2009, 12:12:52 »
It might work with unsyched waypoint but you can get strange behaviours, like the chopper taking off before the whole squad has got off the vehicle.
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!