Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MQ-9 Reaper (Predator) Rig/Import?  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Viscous

• Members
MQ-9 Reaper (Predator) Rig/Import?
« on: 04 Apr 2009, 02:49:36 »
Edit: If this there is a better place to post this, sorry  ???

I have an MQ-9 Reaper that is nearing completion and the goal is to rig the rudders, ailerons and flaps and then import the model to ARMA and then if possible rig it so that it can assign and "paint" targets for ground troops or other armed aircraft along with its' own payload.

I have a good number of years modeling under my belt but this is my first for ARMA model and there does seem to be information regarding the process to achieve all of the above but it is rather scattered and buried. Has anyone done something similar and is there a guide to importing/rigging vehicles for ARMA someone could point me to?

Help or advice on any of the steps in the process would be most appreciated. Collaboration would always be an option too if you have the knowledge and are interested  :good:

A few perks would be perhaps night vision for the camera view from the Predator and a tweaked physics model that allows low cruising speeds.
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2009, 02:53:41 by Viscous »

Offline modEmMaik

• Members
Re: MQ-9 Reaper (Predator) Rig/Import?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Apr 2009, 19:53:22 »
Hi Viscous,

first: Rudders, ailerons and flaps are usually defined as sections in the visual LOD's, axis for movements in the memory LOD of the O2 model. I think the best way to check this, is to analyze the harrier .p3d model of the BI samples.

The other part is the model.cfg. You define the bones (rudders, flaps etc.) and animations (the way the bones get animated) in this file. The BI wiki has lot's of informations about those facts, but the best way to get a grip on those is to analyze an unbinarized community sample.

Actually, I am pretty occupied by my own projects (also, I am rather focussed on ground vehicles  :whistle: ). May be Gnat, Aushilfe or Southy (BI forums) can show you some more tips.

Offline Viscous

• Members
Re: MQ-9 Reaper (Predator) Rig/Import?
« Reply #2 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:29:55 »
Thanks for the info  :good: