Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Can't find radio tower object  (Read 3000 times)

Offline desertjedi

• Members
Can't find radio tower object
« on: 03 Apr 2009, 00:15:54 »
I've searched extensively in these forums and in the editor itself and I can't find the radio tower object that I want to put in a mission. It's the big red and white one that you blow up in Evolution. I found the "radar tower" but not the big radio tower.

Can someone tell me how to navigate to that obect in the editor so I can place it on the map?

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: Can't find radio tower object
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2009, 00:28:44 »
i am thinking you want ( under objects the tower is call Radar) i dont know if you need EditorUpdate_v102 to view this or not.
Semper Fi

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2009, 05:11:46 »
Fortunately for us all, OFPEC is equipped with a handy little resource located here where you can identify many of the objects classes in Arma and OFP by image. The object in particular that you are looking for has a Static classname as Land Telek1.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2009, 07:11:26 »
hey savedby, i keep forgetting about that little ut cfg. i keep previewing tell i get the right thing am looking for. thats going to be a bookmark now.
i wounder if that Land Telek1 might be QG, so keep that in mind desertjedi, just a head up! cheers
Semper Fi

Offline desertjedi

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2009, 17:35:59 »
Fortunately for us all, OFPEC is equipped with a handy little resource located here where you can identify many of the objects classes in Arma and OFP by image. The object in particular that you are looking for has a Static classname as Land Telek1.
Awesome resource, I had a feeling this site would have something like that. I got right to the COMREF page but didn't think of clicking on something with "vehicles" in the link name. The only downside to it - and I see no way around it - is trying to find something when you don't know its name and the name is not that intuitive.

BTW, I can not find that object in my v1.14 Arma (no QG). Are all the objects in that list available by going into the editor and picking Empty/Object or Static? If so, it looks like there are A LOT of things I don't have.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2009, 17:40:52 by desertjedi »

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2009, 18:37:06 »
No, most of the objects are not available in the editor.

You need a so called Editor update addon to "unlock" them. There are several of these available. I don't know for sure which one is the "best" so I won't recommend one (but I'm sure someone with more insight will do this soon). :)
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 2009, 19:07:31 »
IMHO the "best" editor upgrade is this one 6th sense Editor Update by Sickboy - it "unlocks" all the previously hidden objects (houses and ruins mostly), which you can then add to your mission, WITHOUT causing any dependency (those who play your mission won't need the addon).

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 2009, 23:46:34 »
i played Evolution do you mean this one
Semper Fi

Offline desertjedi

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 04 Apr 2009, 00:18:08 »
i played Evolution do you mean this one
No, I'm pretty sure that's called 'radar'. I decided to put that in a mission until I find the one I was looking for...the big red and white one that you blow up in all the major cities in Evolution.

I'll probably install the 6th Sense Editor Update. Thanks everyone for all the help!  :good:

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 04 Apr 2009, 00:33:16 »
i dont thing you will find it in 6th, i would play Evolution again and open it up pbo and have a look, it you can open Evolution then it will tell you what editor your missing  ;)

edit that is called radar in my pic i am still thinking you need EditorUpdate_v102 i will post a link or attach it if you dont have it

here it is editor
 i couldnt find it in here either,,, i wounder if you wound have to use the same place that it is in Evolution  :dunno: Perserio Paraiso....
edit again i just opened the game and its not in Paraiso as it was in Evolution, so it is a static object.
know i fell like i am on a Easter egg hunt  ;)
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2009, 01:09:09 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #10 on: 04 Apr 2009, 06:17:33 »
I would assume that it is accessible via the editor updates as anything that requires QG has it in (parenthesis) next to the classname in that resource.

In my opinion, 6th sense does not unlock all objects and EditorUpdate v1.02 seems to contain more and be considerably small in size. Besides, many poeple already have that EU addon and if they don't, it would not be too much trouble to download.

Offline desertjedi

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 06 Apr 2009, 17:11:02 »
When you say EditorUpdate v1.02, do you mean the Lowfly EditorUpdate?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #12 on: 07 Apr 2009, 05:54:02 »
Its quite simple really, you don't need an editor update just to place this one item, you can just use createVehicle to put it into position.

Place a marker at the position you wish the tower to be at, give the marker a name, 'tom' for example.

Then you can give the tower a name also, fred maybe...........

fred = "Land_Telek1" createVehicle getMarkerPos "tom"

Now you will have your tower in place.

Planck

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #13 on: 07 Apr 2009, 18:36:25 »
note we becoming of topic ,,,,,planck you you found it "Land_Telek1" is the obj he is looking for?
check http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33235.0  for lowfly. i believe its the same one i posed
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2009, 19:34:51 by schuler »
Semper Fi