Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: RUG_DSAI and XEH  (Read 3343 times)

Offline bakerboy1990

• Members
RUG_DSAI and XEH
« on: 28 Mar 2009, 15:38:44 »
i downloaded both these mods and follow the instruction 4 the install and it doesnt work, this is what i did

made mod folders @RUG_DSAI and @XEH and put the required info in the arma exe target line, so in theory it should work just like any other mod but it doesnt.

if anyone has the mod working please could you tell me all your steps to making this mod work, many thanks

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: RUG_DSAI and XEH
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2009, 16:06:52 »
First of all, I apologize for the fact that the version that can be dug out here someplace is ancient : make sure you're using the latest, 1.0 one, found for instance here. Second of all, I haven't downloaded the very latest version of XEH, so I do not know if it actually -works- with it or not, but frankly I can't see any reason why it wouldn't. You could try with an older version of XEH too to see if that might be the problem - hopefully not.

With the latest version of RUG DSAI + XEH, both loaded like any other addon, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Just make sure the addon folders are set up properly (have a folder inside them named "addons" etc). Also remember some units simply -will not work- with RUG DSAI, simply because they have their own eventhandlers defined outside of XEH (i.e., they're NOT XEH compatible): these sadly include the excellent Russian Federation units by RHS. Try it with BIS default units to make sure it works. Also remember only Russian and English really have extensive "non-combat" voices; for instance the default resistance voices (Arabic) only activate when in combat.

Hopefully you can get it to work!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline i0n0s

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2009, 16:37:30 »
And it would be helpful too if you describe what exactly doesn't work.

For myself, I have it working.

Offline bakerboy1990

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2009, 22:31:57 »
thank you for the reply wolf, i found the problem, i didnt put the event handler files in the DSAI folder, :blink:

Offline Onkel Bo

• hardboiled sissy
  • Members
    • combinedarms.de
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jun 2009, 23:35:10 »
hi folks,

some trouble with assigning the sounds to GUER side.

mission setting: us vs. racs
I want to assign the spanish sounds to the racs side, how can I get this working?

with the default settings it works fine but with "custom" settings in my mission only the US side works properly :(

my mission init.sqf:

RUG_DSAI_SIDES =["RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAI", "RUG_DSAISpa", "RUG_DSAISpa", "RUG_DSAIRus"];

any advises here?

kind regards

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jun 2009, 06:35:30 »
Hi,

Just tried it, and it works fine. Although there was a typo in the BIKI : the Sides array is supposed to look like this:

RUG_DSAI_SIDES =["RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIENG", "RUG_DSAISpa", "RUG_DSAISpa", "RUG_DSAIRus"];

My mistake, now fixed in BIKI too. Anyway, it does work on my end. Remember that the Spanish voices (like most other languages than English/Russian) mostly only has audio when in Danger mode - I think they have a select few Aware ones, but not many. So always try to see if it works while in Danger (Combat) mode first.

Btw: I put the above array in the init field of a unit when testing - if you still can't make it work with the init.sqf, try that. Or try to put it behind a sleep 0.1 or something.

Good luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"