Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI not following player  (Read 1539 times)

Offline LEGION7698

• Members
AI not following player
« on: 20 Mar 2009, 09:06:22 »
Hello all,

I'm having huge issues with the AI at the moment.  The problem is this, i make a mission for me and anouther person to play online, as an example to 8 man fighting sections, i lead one and my mate anouther.  Now my ai squad works fine however the ai of my mates squad wont even move from there starting positions they just stand on the spot doing a strange dance or something. I'm hosting the mission so could that be the problem.

Also as i side note whenever i get us to start in the cargo seats of a heli, my squad will be there but my mates wont of got in, i put is in using the "moveincargo" command so do i need to use something else.

Regards,

LEGION7698

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: AI not following player
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2009, 15:56:48 »
Are you using some unofficial addon units for this?
Not all addons are MP compatible.

In OFP for instance the American Civil War mod wasn't MP compatible and when you tried that mod in MP you experienced exactly the same problem as you are describing.

Otherwise... I have no clue.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2009, 15:58:49 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline LEGION7698

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2009, 16:52:34 »
Hello Laggy,

I'm using StalkerGB's british infantry, i use them extensively in warfare and in other missions whre the squads are smaller (never have a problem when using them in 4 man units) its usually the 8 man squads when the problem happens and its only with my freind, my squad works fine.

Regards,

LEGION7698

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2009, 17:56:55 »
Hmmm...

Like I said... no idea really, but

Could be some scripts in the addon itself that creates the problem if the group is too big.
In the mod I was mentioning there were scripted bayonets that created a problem (I think).
If so the units will most likely only work on the hosted server machine. In this case your computer.
Otherwise :dunno:

Cheers
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2009, 18:01:24 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.