Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: only mission file exports to MP??????  (Read 848 times)

Offline gator

• Members
only mission file exports to MP??????
« on: 12 Feb 2009, 08:53:49 »
Hello I was wandering how come when I make a mission using the editor, then save it as a users mission the only thing that exports to MP when I export it is the mission file.
Example: I have a mission that uses int files, ext files and sqs files. In the users mission you have a folder to keep all these things in and the mission works fine. However any mission with these types of files I export to MP, the int files, ext files and sqs files do not do anything. as a result I have no respawn, the mando bomber planes go everywhere and bomb everything on the map, and so on. I remember in OFP you had to save the edited mission and place your files in the folder, reboot ofp and export the mission to MP, reboot again just to be safe and everything exported into one mission sqm. I figured the same would hold true to arma but I am missing something here I suppose...any ideas?   I read you can edit in the MP editor somewhere but I have no idea how to do that. Is that my problem?
Thanks for your time,
Gator

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: only mission file exports to MP??????
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2009, 10:07:30 »
You don't _need_ to edit in the MP editor, but as it allows you to run with multiple players and respawn effects, it can be a better place to test your MP missions than editing it in SP and then exporting it for use on a dedicated server (available by going Multiplayer->New->OK->New Editor).

First thing to check is your MP missions folder (ArmA/MPMissions/) and depbo the generated pbo. All files inside your mission should be being exported (I've not heard of this issue before). What is more likely, is that you could be having a standard difficulty with the fact that MP mission editing has a multitude of pitfalls that don't need to be considered when making SP missions. Difficult to guess what problem you could be having though...
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)