Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Setposition Template (Immovable cave and inner city) (ACCEPTED)  (Read 2986 times)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Hey folks,
I've put together a setpos template for Multiplayer use if anyone is interested. It is a cave of sorts which utilizes Mapfacts editor upgrade, which requires Queens Gambit. Sorry for that.
Here are the links to addon requirements below:
Queens Gambit
Mapfacts Editor Upgrade
Mapfact Services
LowFlys Editor Update v1.02

[//////CAUTION:Many of the objects placed in the editor utilize the setvectorup command. Moving those objects will cause unpredictable object orientation; therefore, unfortunately the cave and many of it's features can not be relocated\\\\\\]

The file contains a readme.
Just place the cave file into your arma users missions directory and have a looksie. Have fun.

OFPEC DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2009, 17:56:12 by hoz »

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: Setposition Template
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2009, 19:57:30 »
Hey man, yes this is a very nice cave, I tried it when you gave it to me before. The setting of the cave are nice, but the only thing is no real battle can take place in the cave because you mentioned something before about the AI not being adaptable to it or something like that.

But if you can get the AI to be able to move around in there, this thing would have potential.
All in all very good and detailed..
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2009, 20:48:47 »
Yes, this I know. The AI will not work on elevated objects, which is also why they don't function well in many of the built up city's on Sahrani either. As I state in the readme though, the intention was meant for a MP mission but I thought I would release it to the public for a CTF MP environment or something to help others get an idea of other things to do.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2009, 20:53:55 »
You might want to change the title of the thread to something like "SetPos Template - Cave system", so people have a better idea of what you are releasing.

This really is a great structure. I still can't believe that you made this with only the standard editor (no 3DE/RTE)!
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
Re: Setposition Template (Immovable cave and inner city)
« Reply #4 on: 09 Feb 2009, 20:14:22 »
very impressive indeed  :good: