Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI firing supressive fire, is it possible without addon?  (Read 1068 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Hi,

I know about Rommel92s script, but...

Are there any objects that can be used as "targets", so that AI will actually fire upon them if commanded?

I've tried with logics, roadcones etc. Nothing works well... the AI throws grenades at the roadcone  :weeping:

You also want an object that is invisible, as roadcones hoovering above the players might disturb the immersion just a little bit  ???

All this is of course to make the AI to kind of use supressive fire. Is it possible without an addon (like invisible target) ?

Laggy

And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Rommel92

• Members
Re: AI firing supressive fire, is it possible without addon?
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2009, 20:58:45 »
Well there is no default Invisible targets in ArmA, correct me if I'm wrong; however in the ROMM_IA script it simply tells the unit to target the 'known' location of the unit, and is then forced to fire.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2009, 22:14:20 »
Thanks a lot,

Sounds interesting, I'll download your script to see how it works.
Out of left field... why is it Rommel92? Would the "Desert Fox" be only 92 years old if he was alive today?  :D

Laggy
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2009, 22:21:09 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Feb 2009, 06:14:36 »
haha, well I went and chose a crappy suffix that was 19'92', birth year, I now choose 350 as my suffix but ah well. 'Rommel' was already taken, and thats just what I use for an alias.

Also, OT, I posted a ROMM_IA example with named variables in the thread below/above this regarding suppressive fire aswell, that might be of use to you.