Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Complete) [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-5 One Shot One Kill v0.999  (Read 8836 times)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-5 One Shot One Kill (BETA)
« Reply #15 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:10:41 »
Gave it a go this evening..

You need to remove the spaces in the file name replace them with _ Its highly annoying to have to change it all the time so its readable.

You need to use versioning in the name of the mission, I happen to have two copies of the mission and I was unable to tell which version was which. Its a good idea to update the mission name in the editor like mymission  v2  type thing, then in the mission selection screen you can tell the new from the old.

Short version... so we got all the way to the escape truck and gave up. The marked escape truck was really far once we got to it we have to of course head all the way north so we gave up. only 1 truck is marked but i suspect there are others.

The music you have choosen is great. Really adds to the atmosphere.
Still felt the time for the general to come in was long and boring. It did seem shorter then the previous version.
Once we killed the generally the helo took off but hovered there doing nothing.
We came across some uaz's but they didn't engage us at all. we really should have died there but we were able to easily take them out and steal the uaz to get to the escape truck.

thats all for now. its really turning into a gem of a mission.

edit:
I was looking through the logs from last night and found this error repetitive in the logs
Code: [Select]
Array index out of range
Array index out of range
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 14:10:59 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #16 on: 24 Mar 2009, 18:45:57 »
Thanks again Hoz,

Will fix the mission name and give it a version number  ;)
Will also shorten the wait again  :whistle:

Question:

When you were NOT fired at by the UAZs, had you then respawned to new group members?

Group members that haven't fired (while being detected) are still setCaptive'd.
I think that is more realistic somehow, being under cover, what do you think?

Or should ALL group members be setCaptive false when the general is dead?

The log thingy  :blink: No idea.

Last: There is only ONE truck that is setPos'd at a random location (3 alternatives).

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 24 Mar 2009, 19:05:47 »
Question:

When you were NOT fired at by the UAZs, had you then respawned to new group members?

No, neither of us had died.

Group members that haven't fired (while being detected) are still setCaptive'd.
I think that is more realistic somehow, being under cover, what do you think?
I like this aspect but I think it should change after you find the weapons or plan.

Or should ALL group members be setCaptive false when the general is dead?

So far we've only tried from the southwest hill. Its the easist way to go that we've found, once you get the rifle, you can easily sneak out behind the apt buildings and then onto the plan. which is also easy to get.  Then off to the hill, kill the general and retreat down the back side of the hill. its pretty effortless this way. We were attacked on top of the hill, and we did get a message about being found. That left me with a question in my head... What next after you are found? does the general still come in or what? we almost gave up here but decided to let it play out.

The log thingy  Blink No idea.

This is weird... you might want to ask in the ED..

Last: There is only ONE truck that is setPos'd at a random location (3 alternatives).

Well I don't like the randomness here with the truck we had to go a long way out of our way to complete the objective. I think our time would of been better spent heading toward the extraction point. Doesn't matter where you shoot the general from its highly likely you will exit the town from the way you came in. Or towards the extraction point.

I think you would be better off to use the randomness to move the plan around. making that part more difficult.
Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #18 on: 24 Mar 2009, 19:33:15 »
Many thanks,

Found some additional minor things myself too.
Added some small stuff as well.
Mission will be updated very soon.

EDIT: Mission updated in first post.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 21:41:26 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-5 One Shot One Kill v0999 (BETA)
« Reply #19 on: 13 May 2009, 01:29:31 »
Mission updated to version 0.999

This should be final version.

Question:

No, neither of us had died.

Thanks for the setCaptive bug spotting Hoz, had chosen a kind of functional but bad solution. Now fixed.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 13 May 2009, 01:44:34 by laggy »