Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: setting up class Land_My_building.p3d  (Read 1840 times)

Offline cj525

• Members
setting up class Land_My_building.p3d
« on: 09 Jan 2009, 06:45:24 »
Objects that have a config will work fine in the editor as long as they have a proper working config, of course.

If you have an object that has animations (doors etc), or effects and other groovy stuff AND this object is going to be placed on a wrp then there is an additional requirement that needs to be considered.

First the classname must begin with Land_, second the remainder of the class name must be the same as the p3d name.

So, for example, you have a model called MY_Model.p3d and it has opening doors all over the place ...extra effects ladders, dancing girls etc etc.

The classname then would have to be Land_MY_Model.

Of course model.cfg, config.cpp etc is also still required as well for the relevant stuff.

Planck

THanks for this info but I've tried to set this up and have had no success. Where in the master config is this setup. is it in the cfgmodels.h,cfgVehicles_buildings.h, or the config.cpp...or somewhere else.

I'm at a loss, any chance of a snippet or if not then a finger pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers

Histoy . Currently right now the groovy animations on our buildings only work throught the ingame editor and not building placed on the map originally.

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Re: setting up class Land_My_building.p3d
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan 2009, 12:25:07 »
Found this in a config.cpp
Code: [Select]
class cfgVehicles
{
class Thing;
class Strategic;
class NonStrategic;
class House;

#define BUILD_NAME(x) Land_##x
... might be part of it
« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2009, 13:07:52 by bedges »

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2009, 12:52:46 »
Hi ,
 I am trying to figure out your original question, but let me assume your having problems with animations on buildings placed in visitor ?

There are a few ways to achieve this ,the way i use is to config the building inside the island config itself,
 all this must be done on the P drive and all model configs etc must be in the island folder when working in visitor and saving the wrp.
 here is what my island config structure looks like.

http://pastebin.com/m326e7693

the second way is to structure your building in its own config propperly , but i have to say i have had rpoblems with building positions when i do it this way.

http://pastebin.com/m3435897b

I love ofp

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2009, 20:09:08 »
Thanks you read my mind on what I was trying to say. Thanks very much for your help
« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2009, 20:10:45 by cj525 »