Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: idea im toying with  (Read 1303 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
idea im toying with
« on: 02 Jan 2009, 14:37:32 »
now that i rediscovered OFPEC (and apearntly english  :whistle:  ::))  so ive started toying with a (or actualy series of) mision idea... i donno if ill end up making... but as the idea is entertaining and brasil hase beter internet conection than cuba ill share it with u... so i was thinking of a mision on some island  ::) where u start as some american veteran on his last mision... ur job is : helping some movie company to direct a movie (how u call that ? movie military advisor ?) they will b directing `operation flashpoint`... (war is boring... any1 else bored ?) of course it wud get wrong... but i think the start is amusing... and then i wanna make a series of misions with loads of referances to war movies and games (and just funny stuff....)... i know its st00pid... but i was bored this morning  :D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline WinKIller0

• Members
  • Me pandaren, you like me
Re: idea im toying with
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2009, 15:22:59 »
Wise man said: Wise things are the smartest ones

Nice to see ya here again :P
You haven't seen the end of The Devil yet...

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2009, 15:28:50 »
War is not boring to us that play this game.
I think it's a good idea, an American soldier (or opfor) with a CNN correspondent.... Use a lot of cut scenes. Use it as an Americans GI's / correspondents  point of view .... Like the old a Vet's thingo , having been there.and old type filming.
 A soldier with a reporter, you cant lose making a mission like this! Might be a bit hard, but team work could and would pull it off,
Things it would take:
Nice voice acting
Good cut scenes
Good action in the missions to promote the scenes of the CNN guys point of view.
Semper Fi

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jan 2009, 18:47:18 »
interesting... u actualy is thinking about some other idea i wasnt thinking about... but it cud b a interesting mision/campaign 2 make... as we already have dat alot in reality... and it cud do for interesting gameplay changes (the soldiers need to protect the reporter ? how does that work in RL ?) also u cud make difrent descisions that wud look difrent in the media ?

anyways wat i was thiking about was more looking like tropical storm movie (i know its st00pid... but i like the idea...)...

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jan 2009, 23:55:11 »
What you could do to make it interesting and funny is to self reference, like take the mic out of the game while playing it and saying ironic things like 'how boring would you have to be to sit at home and play war games?' and of course movie references are good too, especially if you parody them like the lego games.
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton