Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [Campaign] The Magnificent Eight  (Read 20131 times)

Offline gambla

• Members
Re: [CAMP/QG/AD] "The Magnificent Eight" Part I
« Reply #60 on: 20 Jul 2009, 17:38:45 »
My new SSD and Arma-drive crashed today, this will delay it once again.

However, i've finally fixed everything i could. It's free of bugs and i think it's fun to play.
Some suggestions of the beta testers have been included, some not. I'm not one of the real talented mission builders here, so, considering time and effort, i'm happy with it. I could spend one more year on the campaign but would never finish it. I can't and don't care for the score as i can't fully agree with the way of scoring (e.g. cinematics, scripting). But that doesn't matter as long we all produce good missions and have fun building them.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [CAMP/QG/AD] "The Magnificent Eight" Part I
« Reply #61 on: 20 Jul 2009, 22:11:35 »
Fair enough. Let us know when your ready partner.

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [CAMP/QG/AD] "The Magnificent Eight" Part I [Please Review]
« Reply #62 on: 30 Jul 2009, 15:58:40 »
Hy gabmla!

I've got 2 questions:

1) As you mention that your ArmA drive crashed: Did it contain a version different to the one that has been posted in this thread. Due to a bug in the mission "Hunapu" I consider the current version not fit for review.

2) Any tips on finishing "The Map"? Admittedly, I've lost my squad up to this mission, but let's face it, there's platoon-strength enemy opposition....

Offline gambla

• Members
Re: [CAMP/QG/AD] "The Magnificent Eight" Part I [Please Review]
« Reply #63 on: 02 Aug 2009, 13:04:05 »
Hi mathias,
oh no, don't fool me please ! :)

1) what bug now ? i'll check if i can see any difference...

2) Not really, if you get your hands on a silenced weapon or a sniper-rifle, you should have a good chance, but it'll take it's time. If you brought the Satchels or one of the few RPGs from Hunapu, it helps to take out the armor at first.

@savedbygrace:

Here we go again: I've uploaded the final version now (attached on first post) and ask for your / Opfec's review. After the mess with my SSD, i just hope that's all fine now. I made some little tests with the intros again and went through the missions with the "activate endmission-cheat" again. I've added the link to the now working Hind-fix too.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2009, 19:53:09 by gambla »

Offline gambla

• Members
Regarding the not ending mission "Hunapu", i think i could solve it. It was simply (again) the end-trigger that is not executed in time when the player/side is present. So if you drive too fast through the trigger area , risking your license :) , the trigger just fails. I lowered the timeout and increased the trigger-area. Already uploaded the updated campaign-file.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Hi Gambla, this is a really nice campaign for Arma. It's not complicated and it's fun to play. Okay here is my short pre-review before the final one.

This is a 6 mission campaign, and I know you have another parrt.

Overviews:
All the overviews are really good. The photos are good with exterior border which makes it more appealing to the player. It gives you enough information to play and have an idea about what it's about.

The Campaign:
Although the whole campaign was entertaining to play. Errors didn't occur until the last mission, the sixth mission. Ressurection.  This error occured when I brought the opel truck to our camp.

no entry bin/config.bin/cfgmarkers.objective

Then it proceeded to the cutscene which did work fine it just had an error about your no entry config bin. Then the rest of the mission was good but here was the other issue I had

The mission completed after only destroying two scuds. A quote appeared only for the 1st scud to be destroyed. A quote did not appear for the 2nd one. Then the mission was completed before I even destroyed the 3rd one and went back to the camp.

Improper Mission Ending / Mission 6

Conclusion:
The whole campaign was great except for the last mission. have you had any problems with this before? About the mission not ending properly. So let me know about these issues and we'll go from there.

Thank you, great job.
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2009, 18:47:49 by NightJay0044 »
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline gambla

• Members
Hi NightJay0044,
as written in the PartII-thread, just got back from holidays.

Thanks for your first review. I'm glad that you like it, i hope the most players will like it too.

1)  "no entry bin/config.bin/cfgmarkers.objective ":

This was reported before but i'm sorry i can't get it fixed. If anybody else can help here ?

2)   The not-ending-bug is strange as nobody reported that before, i too never had any probs with the end. I'll have a look at it. It can't be that big issue.

regards,
gambla

EDIT:

After reading twice, i think i know what the problem is:

If you destroyed a Scud completley (?), the mission is lost (see Briefing). The challenge is to damage the Scuds lightly, so they can't move on. Second target is too kill the driver/engineer.
However i'll check all endings again.

« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2009, 16:38:23 by gambla »

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
Oh yeah your probably right about the ending, but I dont' think I got a red X or anything to say I have failed. I'll double check too.

Offline gambla

• Members
It was already in but not working correctly, fixed now.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
Review Complete

If you have any spectacular stoires or anything to add feel free to share them here.
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2009, 18:48:49 by NightJay0044 »