Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [Campaign] The Magnificent Eight  (Read 20130 times)

Offline hamis

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [CAMP/QG] "The Magnificent Eight" Part I - beta
« Reply #30 on: 16 Mar 2009, 08:50:33 »
means, that the trigger is instantly hit by you /"West" ?
I found the addon causing this,it is six_sys_ai.

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #31 on: 29 Mar 2009, 08:18:24 »
looks like it's from the "6th sense mod" ? have you tested the campaign without this mod now ?

Offline hamis

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: 29 Mar 2009, 08:46:21 »
Yes,it worked.Any clue when the next part is ready?

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #33 on: 30 Mar 2009, 20:00:31 »
I'd love to start now, but short of free time. And, thanks to you guys, i should now finish the first part and release it...

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #34 on: 07 May 2009, 12:52:15 »
How can i do this please ?
To make it so that the player can deactivate the alarm if he searches for it. Within the condition field of your trigger which detects the player or his group and sounds the alarm, add a variable such as "alarmon"to the already existing condition. Then...in the Init.sqs declare that variable true "alarmon = true". Now create a trigger in the location where you would like the switch to be, with a radius like 1 meter or so, activated by the player only, Condition: this and alarmon, Onactivation: player addaction ["Deactivate alarm","cutalarm.sqs"]. Create a script called cutalarm.sqs and within it write this..
Code: [Select]
alarmon = false
exit
That will make the action appear only when the player is standing in front of the throwswitch. And give the player the option to turn it off or leave it on. If you prefer to have it inside the raised tower you could do it in a couple of ways. #1 setposition an object of your choice in the tower and add the action to it. Although it is attached to the object it may still activate while the player is below it on the ground.

Checked everything twice but this just doesn't work ? Any other ideas ?

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #35 on: 07 May 2009, 14:56:21 »
Send me what you have(just that mission) and I'll take a look at it for ya.

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #36 on: 07 May 2009, 18:36:15 »
Thanks,
please find the mission attached. I've moved the player into the base. The triggers are still set to Blufor.
When i use the player-action-menu to disable the alarm (set on the radar-tower in the SE corner), the script (alarms.sqs) seems to run, but the bell doesn't stop ringing. Tried a lot with different conditions, second trigger etc. but nothing made it work.

:dunno:
« Last Edit: 11 May 2009, 20:11:40 by savedbygrace »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #37 on: 08 May 2009, 02:22:25 »
glad to see your back into you camp!
i think i just deleted the trigger with the alarm in it to stop it.

Semper Fi

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #38 on: 08 May 2009, 15:39:59 »
Hi schuler,
that's not the solution i thought of... :)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: 09 May 2009, 02:19:40 »
Okay, took your file, tweaked it as necessary by adding a trigger, changing your addaction trigger and adding a referrence object. All is commented in the text and description fields for explanation as to what each is doing.
Anything else?
« Last Edit: 11 May 2009, 20:11:56 by savedbygrace »

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #40 on: 09 May 2009, 10:00:07 »
Thank you savedbygrace, excellent ! I gonna test it asap. You guys are great !

> works like a dream, perfect !  :good:
« Last Edit: 11 May 2009, 13:17:09 by gambla »

Offline gambla

• Members
Re: [CAMP/QG/AD] "The Magnificent Eight" Part I
« Reply #41 on: 07 Jun 2009, 09:12:04 »
Hi, i asked to review my campaign and added the "please review". Now it's gone ? If it's under review, please add this to the topic...

thanks

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #42 on: 07 Jun 2009, 13:15:33 »

hi gambla , I havnt played this in a while. So I was just testing it out for bugs
1st mission lost all my men, couldn't find a truck that was unlock. Reamed at one though.
Destroyed the choppy with the UAZ and took the UAZ. Capture a truck did not tick off. kill all along the road. Made it to the junction, took out the 5ton truck and UAZ to the south went back to the junction, nothing ticked off, sat there, ran around trying to set of a trigger to end the mission, nothing happen,, force ended game.
i dont know why i couldnt get in a truck but somewhere in there must lay the bug that stopped the game from finishing.
Kills
29min
Lost both of my 2 men

Semper Fi

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: 07 Jun 2009, 22:43:04 »
Hey guy,
Reviews are only conducted on projects that are able to be completed. We tested yours quite thoroughly and found it wanting in several if not all missions. First of all, the truck was a major issue because if it were destroyed you coudn't even revert the mission without it appearing damaged and ending the mission. At this point the entire campaign save would have to be deleted and restarted to get it to work.

If you have corrected that issue and any others mentioned in the beta feedback that may be potential showstoppers and then updated the download, then we will be more than happy to "Test" the mission again and if it works from start to end, then a review would definitely be conducted.

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #44 on: 08 Jun 2009, 16:01:04 »
@savedbygrace:
Hey, why don't you look into the changelog ? I've too attached the final version to download and of course changed the filename to "... v1.0" - so what more could i do ? No offense, but why are you just deleting the "please review" in the subject and leave it without any comment ? I now would have waited for weeks without anyone looking at it ?

@schuler:
Hi schuler,
the truck is, as described, in the area of Hunapu. Look at the house in the SW.