Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Poor stearing and no rudder in ArmA auto centering bug  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Danoffski

• Members
ArmA & OFP - Poor movement of Aircraft (no rudder in ArmA) but its an improvement with other aircraft movements compared with how it is with OPFP  :good: it just needs left right rudder control X,Y. for it to work now.  :whistle: Other problems are the choppers loosing altitude too quickly.

Ground vehicles have an evil mouse auto centring in X,Y axis that make driving very irritating perhaps this is the cause of the rudder on aircraft not working, making fling very frustrating and dangerous.  :blink:

Has any one made a mod to adjust auto mouse centring? To fix this horrible bug?

PS No the fix by madrussian did not work and its bad for my system.
cheers
 :D

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Poor stearing and no rudder in ArmA auto centering bug
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2008, 19:10:57 »
I find the aircraft rudder works as intended on planes in ArmA.

Rudder isn't for turning an airplane anyway, X and C on my game operates the rudder.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Danoffski

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2008, 19:39:31 »
Well you are the only person who has ever said that. The rudder can be used for not only turning but targeting ground tagets. I have landed a cessna using the rudder I dont think you have. In any case the runder DOSE NOT WORK as it dose in OPflash it auto centeres making fine seering or adjustsments when strafing targets very difficult. Your comment was of little help :whistle:

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2008, 20:10:55 »
Fortunately, most sources you will find on the subject will tell you the same, i.e. the rudder is primarily for yaw control.

Don't take my word for it, look it up yourself.   :cool2:

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2008, 15:51:04 »
This topic-starter on the BIS forums claims he's found a way to "defeat" the mouse auto-centering "bug". It involves some tweaking and installing a third-party program, but if it bugs you it shouldn't be a problem for you to make it work. OFPEC has nothing to do with that program, and it's the only solution I know of, so if you can't get it to work you should ask the thread starter over there. :)

Don't know anything about flying airplanes - except I guess it's pretty hard?

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Danoffski

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2008, 16:24:33 »
Yes thank you wolf  :good:
I have tried that fix its not working I was hoping that BIS might eventually fix this with another patch or mod.

The person in the other forum is called madrussian who came up with the fix but I have not been able to talk as him about it dose any one have an email address for madrussian?

Cheers
Dano