Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Random Voice Script  (Read 935 times)

Offline SafetyCatch

• Members
  • War...it's fantastic!
Random Voice Script
« on: 15 Oct 2008, 17:43:47 »
Hey guys,

I'm making an MP mission, and attempting to make it as realistic as possible. I've come to the conclusion I want the enemy to shout out orders, cries and general noises to their friends and enemies alike, as the player would be to his MP pals.

So I was wondering, is there a way to make all units of a certain side "say" sound files every now and again, randomly picked from a list on detection of the enemy, right up until they are killed?

I'm thinking along the lines of some mods I remember from OFP that had generic battle chanter.

Thanks guys, this is going to be one awesome mission when it's done.

Safety

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Random Voice Script
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2008, 18:26:27 »
I heard this Addon is pretty close to what you're looking for.  :whistle: RUG DSAI. Might want to give it a shot, although I don't know about the maker of it. Sounds like a dodgy fellow...

(there's a script version of that too, but not as advanced and performance-friendly as the addon version, and also it's probably not compatible with it, but anyway)

Finally, if you're just interested in basic blah-hah, it's easy enough to make a simple script that just randomly picks a sound and has someone in the group randomly shout it out, but more of that if RUG DSAI doesn't suit you. ;)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline SafetyCatch

• Members
  • War...it's fantastic!
Re: Random Voice Script
« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2008, 18:44:37 »
"Finally, if you're just interested in basic blah-hah, it's easy enough to make a simple script that just randomly picks a sound and has someone in the group randomly shout it out"

No offense to your addon, in fact I'm using it from now on for personal use, but I think I a bit of basic blah-blah is exactly what I want mate. After downloading the addon it seems a bit too heafty on the download size for just the one mission.

Could you please help me out with a blah-blah script? Really just want any and all OPFOR to shout out random sounds once they know about you.

Thanks again mate,

Safety
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2008, 19:00:30 by SafetyCatch »