Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Vietnam Missions  (Read 4430 times)

DeadMeatXM2

Vietnam Missions
« on: 24 Aug 2002, 01:24:19 »
Have any of you great lot made any missions on STT's Ia Trang Valley map, using the SEB Nam pack at all?

I want to know because playing missions you make yourself can be a bit boreing - in the fact you know where the enemy will be coming from etc.

cheers

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Vietnam Missions
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2002, 22:54:41 »
well - none that i know of are out - but i know alot are being made...

im waiting on the new nam pack and choppers to finish my mission (i need the ARA chopper to blow up a village and a bridge)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

buzzboy762

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:48:39 »
I jsut wish someone could make a B52 cuz it would be awesome to replicate some of the operations they were doing in Nam.

Phantom

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2002, 11:10:15 »
The SAS MOD is making a B52, but i can't tell you when it will be finished, all I can tell you is the model is made and we're just waiting for it to get textured.

Phantom

Desdichado

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2002, 11:20:43 »
Hi there...

Actually I did make one, it is placed under Missions: Beta testing (Ia Trang Valley), didn't find another suitable place for it...

Best regards
Jan Fredrik Lund
Norway

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2002, 21:13:50 »
hello!
the thing is that b52s are high altitude bombers and it would not be able to bomb realistically on the OFP game engine. You cannot see the ground that high up in the game to drop :D
It willbe still nice to see, as would a better phantom model that doesnt need the keg hawk too.
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2002, 03:58:33 »
maybe you could use a script where you choose on the map where you want to bomb, you could either fly over it yourself or put it on auto pilot to get there, it would have to be at a certain height and at a certain speed though, otherwise the bomb would miss

Phantom

PFC_Mike

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2002, 04:26:40 »
Just make a noise as the buff passes over and then script explosions all over the targeted area. But a static B-52 for cutscenes would be nice.

crow

« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2002, 07:26:29 »
 :)I am working on a series of mission for that island.  I am waiting for a C130 aircraft.  It was use alot in nam.  I am working on a campaign based on the movie Platoon.  A static B52 would be great for cutscenes.  I am also looking for a F4 Phantom.  That was another main aircraft for the Vietnam war.  :cheers:

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 29 Aug 2002, 09:08:43 »
Then your in luck, the model for the B-52, C-130 and the F-4 Phantom is done. We're about to start texturing the F-4. If someone out there would like to help, that'd be great, means we can get them out quicker.
btw, when were the B-52's used?

Iwesshome

« Reply #10 on: 05 Sep 2002, 18:22:45 »
Hi all,

Great map this is.... especially the add-on's created. I was playing around with some map making and I am having some problems with the men disembarking from Helo over the LZ X-Ray. I tell the Helo to fly at 5M but he ejects the troops at 30M. Anyone run into this?

Also do you guys think there are way to many tree's in the LZ's?

Phantom

« Reply #11 on: 06 Sep 2002, 01:32:10 »
depends, the jungle was pretty thick
and a lot of the time they only landed in what they, teh VC, the NVA or the villageers had cleared. but they also rappelled alot of people in and fast roped.

Phantom

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #12 on: 06 Sep 2002, 02:49:27 »
Take a look over here...maybe you find something you like.

Greetz
Plage

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #13 on: 08 Sep 2002, 15:42:40 »
@T.S.C. Plage, cheers m8, i'm dling as we speak.

@crow have you got klinks c-130, although the textures are a little cartoony, they are similar to the real aircrafts textures during vietnam.

i can't wait to see your missions.

BattleBorn

« Reply #14 on: 19 Sep 2002, 05:30:20 »
well for the missions a couple of good ideas would be Hamburger hill,
 it would be easy to create as all you need is choppers, men, M2's and a few fortressess.
brief outline: 4 squads are transported by chopper to the base of the hill,
where the men will assault the hill in seperate squads.
all up the hill will be heaps and heaps of men and a large number of machineguns.
at the top there is a few fortresses to be couqured.
once u couqured them a couple more choppers will reinforce your position, to await a fierce counter attack.
fend them off and ui win the stage. easy.

slowly slowly catchee monkey...