Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage  (Read 12478 times)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [1-24 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jan 2009, 21:16:53 »
I'm sure you did blow the factory in 30 mn, but also sure you did'nt end the mission! (it ends when you evacuate porto) :D
there'a another objective after the sabotage... Did you have it?
So I think there are too many AI players
I will disable again AIs in next version, I enabled them just to help me finishing the mission quicker ,for testing!
The BMP's though still piled up behind town and we really only saw 2 or 3 who were active.
It's normal you only had 3 bmps if you ended the mission in 30 mn, it takes 10mn to have one created.

you have a US flag there now with east ammo. I think you should double up on the full loaded ammo box here.  additional choices of weapons in the weaponspool would be nice.
I understand your wishes... and I do remember Clint Eastwood's reply as a marine instructor: "We improvise, we adapt, we overcome!" ;)

I changed the intro and looked for the tutorials to add custom voices and music... I'm ready for it (F.....g scripts, one bracket took me 3 hours to solve), I don't have a lot of sentences to record... :scratch:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 28 Jan 2009, 22:18:51 »
there'a another objective after the sabotage... Did you have it?
YEs the radio tower and we did that one objective as well.
And the captive got killed as well.
We did make it to the extraction in 30 mins.

It's normal you only had 3 bmps if you ended the mission in 30 mn, it takes 10mn to have one created.
But there were 4 or more bmps in behind the town doing nothing. we blew them up for fun.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #17 on: 28 Jan 2009, 22:46:36 »
But there were 4 or more bmps in behind the town
The first one appears after 5mn, then the others every ten minutes... ???
30 mn, really?
Congratulations! :good:
Try disabling the AIs in the lobby...
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2009, 08:03:02 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2009, 14:59:29 »
So is the script thats creating the bmps running only on the server? Are you sure there isn't 1 being created per client?
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #19 on: 29 Jan 2009, 17:41:23 »
that must be that... I knew, reading your messages, that there was a problem... :whistle:
I've checked it, i think it's ok now...
here's the version 2.6!
new weapon pool
back to 8 players slots
new intro
some testing custom voices... I think I'll go soon in the recruitement lounge to have correct voices... :D
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2009, 19:09:46 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage
« Reply #20 on: 02 Feb 2009, 05:29:29 »
Another go tonite, 2 people about 2 hours to play before we quit.

Breifing

Mission Credits link doesn't work any more.
Didn't see many other changes here...

Intro

A much better beginning cutscene, except we got dropped off in the water.

We received the radio messages but something didn't seem right. Each player got it with thier name in the message. Just didn't seem right but atlas I've forgotten the messeages.

Mission

The music is better overall. Good job.

Saw a message "you may encounter some."  This just doesn't sound right. some rewording here might be better.

Got this code error around the radio tower kill.
Code: [Select]
Error in expression <telecdead=true; publicVariable telecdead; "5" objStatus >
  Error position: <publicVariable telecdead; "5" objStatus >

The battle this time seemed well balanced. It seemed like there were less east units this time around.  Once we went to get the second adviser the mission started seeming long. I would of been happy with an extraction right there at the docs after you release that last guy. The drive back to the other end of the island seemed long and we eventually just gave up.

I think you should give the admin the ability to enable/disable ai. it would be helpful to have those units on occasion.

The respawn with east weapons always results with you having a tonne of smoke grenades. Not sure why it seems silly. 

I think you need to have more of the middle ammo boxes. The two on the ends at each respawn are pretty useless. Ammo was a big problem through the mission. maybe consider a ammo call in script.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #21 on: 02 Feb 2009, 13:58:29 »
The respawn with east weapons always results with you having a tonne of smoke grenades. Not sure why it seems silly. 
i don't understand why...

Ammo was a big problem through the mission.
you'll have 2 arms boxes on the beach, following you at the first respawn point...

The drive back to the other end of the island seemed long and we eventually just gave up.
Did you see the paratroops after releasing the last prisoner? it makes sense to the far evacuation point if it's more than a walk... Evacuation is possible only if the zone of evac is secured.

« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2009, 10:51:02 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 02 Feb 2009, 15:02:27 »
I forgot to mention that now the weaponspool ammo for g36 doesn't auto load now.
Also forgot mention the bmps are much more effective now. we saw a total of like 4 or 5.
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2009, 15:04:40 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #23 on: 03 Feb 2009, 11:14:51 »
i've send a request in the recruitement lounge for voices...
I've done the changements depending on your remarks, but the evac point: it's still the same...
Did you see the paratroops after releasing the last prisoner? it makes sense to the far evacuation point if it's more than a walk...

I'll update to version2.7 and upload it when i have the voices in game... ;)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 03 Feb 2009, 14:55:18 »
we never saw the paratroops we ended becuase we were over 2 hours in the mission. IMHO its a tad long.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #25 on: 07 Feb 2009, 17:04:32 »
we never saw the paratroops
You should have seen 6 squads of 12 men after the last prisoner release... :dunno:
I tried a version with the evac near him: there was no interest...
Going to the evac point keeping the adviser alive with six squads running towards you is a good challenge...
I'm uploading a new version with Hoz's voices and factory sound, I hope you'll see these reinforcement squads!! ;)
I'm gonna wait a bit for voices, but if it's too long, I'll do it myself!

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 09 Feb 2009, 15:31:18 »
We gave it another go last night with 4 players. version 2.6. We basically gave up after the second adviser (1h 45m) into it. It just drags on after taking the factory. I think you should consider cutting it off after the factory objective or the second adviser. Consider splitting the mission into  two missions.
Everyone enjoyed the assault on town and taking of the factory.
In both cases the advisers were killed. oh also you should include some more civi vehicles with more seating.

the weapons pool has no ammo for the g36k and therefore several of us started with no weapons. we had to do a sacrificial killing of one of our own units to get some guns. I guess we could of started over but we didn't realize until we reached the first respawn point.  btw. the long walk to the first respawn point I think is a bit unnecessary.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #27 on: 09 Feb 2009, 19:24:20 »
 :good: Glad you enjoyed yourselves,that's the reason why i'm doing all this!
I've spent a lot of time on it, working on the 2.8 version with a random position in Largo (you can find trucks on the island now) for the second adviser...

the weapons pool has no ammo for the g36k and therefore several of us started with no weapons
I've not seen your ammo problem of G36, seems ok at home. Idem for the "no weapon on start" problem... There's a script for weapons respawn, perhaps the problem is there... Now ammo and guns crates are disembarked on the beach and follow you up to the second respawn point.

the long walk to the first respawn point I think is a bit unnecessary.
It permits to have more random positions of patrols by the time you meet them, but if you want sooner action, you can take the south coast and find action near the little pear and huts, then get to the MG on the hill...
Still waiting for more voices but uploading the 2.8 version now!  :D
by the way, still no paratroops?
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2009, 23:20:25 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 16 Feb 2009, 06:11:51 »
v2.8

Make it so the Team leader is the first person on the list in the lobby.
Intro is much better now, but remove the text about it being good music.
Starting out in the boat proved to be disastrous,  two guys jumped out so we start just did the manual respawn and we started out at the base.
The ammo at the base is great! TX.
JIP respawn point isn't being updated properly.
You have a DKsmoke effects addon requirement but its not needed so make sure you remove it from the sqm. The dedicated server has the addon and its not needed in the mission.sqm.

We played for an hour and then gave up after we cleared the town. The other objectives weren't appearing any ways just the first 2. (kill the factory) & (tower) 3 played for an hour and 20 min so we just gave up after the JIP respawn point issue. The first part of the mission your trek up the hill to the second rsp is great and along with the battle into town is quite tense and often a struggle, really well done with great unit placement in the town. By the time you get to that bmp factory we are ready for a change of scenery and switch to a different mission.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #29 on: 16 Feb 2009, 10:31:02 »
remove the text about it being good music.
isn't it good music? ;) I saw them live in 84!! (I'm getting old!!)

Starting out in the boat proved to be disastrous
I've never had that prob, anyway I'm adding an "assignascargo" in every unit's init field...

JIP respawn point isn't being updated properly
I'm adding "onplayerconnected' a "publicvariable "respawnpos"" in the init file, and hope it'll be ok!

You have a DKsmoke effects addon requirement but its not needed so make sure you remove it from the sqm
I didn't find that addon requirement in the mission sqm file...

The other objectives weren't appearing any ways just the first 2.
You can have the next objective in 3 ways (factory must be destroyed of course):
- by the allied prisoner officer in the hangar south from the factory
- by an east officer, prisoner if all the members of his squad are dead
- by the hq if both prisoners are dead

I don't know why you don't have the next objective... :dunno:

By the time you get to that bmp factory we are ready for a change of scenery and switch to a different mission.
I don't understand what you mean exactly...
I'm updating the post with the changes...
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2009, 10:59:25 by fleepee »