Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage  (Read 12470 times)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
    Mission name:
OPERATION SABOTAGE

Mission type: multiplayer Coop
Author: FleePee
Players Numbers: 8

Version: 3-2
Size: 3850 ko
patch 1.14

Required addons
  • Queen's gambit

Language: english and french
Hidden objectives, moving respawn points as you progress and weapons respawn.
(you keep weapons and ammo after you die)

Description: Intel reports that a BMP factory will be soon operational right in the center of Porto...
Your mission is really simple: destroy it!!!
Otherwise, it could be impossible to take the control of the island...
Be careful approaching Porto, there is a lot of infantry and we know they also have pickups with machine guns...
And if you are not fast enough, you'll find some BMPs on your way...

Enjoy!!!

Installation: Copy the pbo file into your "ArmA\MPmissions" folder.

scripts:   
- hostages by Nataniel (edited)
- Weapons Respawn Script v1.04 by toadlife revised by norrin
- dismount by sharkattack
- Random House Patrol Script v0.9 by Tophe of Östgöta
- ANTI-TURNOVER TANK v1.0, By Miguel Rodriguez
- initFlags by Spooner
- bodydelete by Mr-Murray
[/list]

OFPEC Review
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2009, 15:59:12 by hoz »

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2008, 08:01:00 »
 :( I 've get rid of french addons, so perhaps somebody will test that funny mission!!!
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2008, 08:10:36 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage without french army addons!
« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2008, 15:27:29 »
Don't be discouraged about including addons and no one playing the mission, if anything create a non addon version along with the one with addons might be a bit more work to keep them both up to date so that's for you to decide. You missions had some downloads so people are playing it, just not reporting on it.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage without french army addons!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2008, 12:10:18 »
there have been 2 download of the mission: by me and a friend!! :whistle:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2009, 05:49:11 »
This mission won't load on the dedicated server. Your missing some ; in the description.ext and the dedicated server is a little more particular about the missing ;.

This is a small sample of the rpt file on the server

Code: [Select]
File description.ext, line 24: '.respawnvehicle': Missing ';' at the end of line
File description.ext, line 25: '.respawnVehicleDelay': Missing ';' at the end of line
File description.ext, line 26: '.respawndelay': Missing ';' at the end of line
File description.ext, line 27: '.disabledAI': Missing ';' at the end of line

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2009, 09:00:45 »
 ???are you sure it's the right file?
I don't have these codes in my description.ext file... :dunno:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2009, 15:03:05 »
your right. I'll check my server again and see if its loading qg.

edit:
Ok I missed the requirement for the G85 editor update

edit2:

The briefing should have a pic.
The info in the briefing is pretty sparse and there's not really any notes. Could use some spiffing up.
Markers all work and so far makes sense.

The intro is short, its kinda plain, maybe notch it up a bit and include some custom radio voices. this really polishes off the mission. Use voices for the respawn updates too.

Should include mission versioning in the mission name. really helps with finding the mission.
In the weapons pool the mk12spr doesn't autoload its bullets so it think you have the incorrect ammo for it.
Its a very long walk to starting bunker. should really consider dressing the bunker up.
Second spawn point has east ammo where there's a US flag.

There are lots of crew guys running around and bmps bunched up. i wonder if you are  creating too many, too quick and they start bouncing around and then get dammaged and the crews jump out.  You might consider making a max of 5 at any given time, update the player when each one is made with a hint and start making bmps once the first spawn point is reached.  also give the bmp some smarts and perhaps load them up with guys when they are spawned, have them push the players back, as it is the bmps were mostly stuck in town. get them out on patrol away from the town.

Over all not bad, it needs a bit of work. there are so many dead units you might want to consider a dead bodies script. Also the grass really lags me out and is terrible on porto island. Not your fault but try out the grass removal script.
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2009, 04:37:20 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2009, 18:23:21 »
Thanks again for your feedback! :good:

There is now a pic in the notes part, a dead bodies remover script, a grass removal option in the lobby...
I hope the BMP will react correctly...
In the weapons pool the mk12spr doesn't autoload its bullets
I searched the right ammo for the mk12spr, but find... it was a 20 bullets magazine that was fitting it... the gun works well with the classic 30 bullets M16 magazine... it's now up to you to change from 20 to 30 bullets magazines! ;)

Second spawn point has east ammo where there's a US flag
there's an us flag when the respawn point changes, but you're in an east base!

« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2009, 18:43:08 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jan 2009, 18:43:40 »
Excellent, I'll put it in the que, we'll get to it over the next couple days.  :good:

edit:

tsk tsk for not including a new version number in the mission name. It makes it difficult to find when you have several missions the same name. :D

edit:

The mission didn't end when the pow was killed.
The hidden objectives didn't seem to come up at the appropriate time.
The bmp's that are built in the factory, are they supposed to be manned and moving around?
So far the bmps that do move around have alot of trouble moving around town. Your probably best to put them in patrols to the outside of town. The roads in town wreak havoc on them.

So far it seems like a decent mission, its coming along.

« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2009, 06:06:38 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2009, 11:39:03 »
I'm working on it, but even with the driver skill set to max, BMPs still can be stuck by walls in town... ::)
Look around the factory to get the next objective... I don't think you had the messages for it... (surprise!)
what pow are you talking about? (there can be 3 pows...), but the missions only ends when you evac the island...
After a team demand, there are now 24 players slots available...
First post updated with new mission version (and correct version number)
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2009, 16:13:40 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jan 2009, 20:06:18 »
Set the drivers WPs behavior to  safe. but i still think if you had them on partols just outside of town they'd be more effective.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jan 2009, 08:15:18 »
if you had them on partols just outside of town they'd be more effective
that's what I've done, moving the marker where they are created out of the "base" of the town, but sometimes they take short cuts!! :dunno:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [1-24 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage
« Reply #12 on: 26 Jan 2009, 18:40:08 »
What about the bmps which are created? are they supposed to be on patrol once they are created? because they just sit there like lame ducks and there are quite a few crew members running around.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #13 on: 26 Jan 2009, 21:42:13 »
What about the bmps which are created? are they supposed to be on patrol once they are created?
Yes... they are created, then the crew is created, assigned to that bmp, then the bmp goes on patrol... that's what I see when I play it...
I upload a new version (2-4) right now...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jan 2009, 15:36:09 »
Ok we gave this another go last night....

THe briefing in my opinion could use some work. when you use ... after a sentence its a bit of a turn off. consider using proper punctation.  have a look at one of sharkattacks breifings these are top notch. well layed out and easy to read. your briefing has all the information you need it should just be polished off. the sat map looks great too btw but its a bit large.

With all those AI enabled, with 2 players we were able to complete it in just under 30 mins. A big difference then with no AI enabled. So I think there are too many AI players. Not to too mention the blood bath of them dieing all around you and respawning.

The BMP's were working better actually engaging us occasionally. The BMP's though still piled up behind town and we really only saw 2 or 3 who were active.  Really I think you need to include more rockets at the first respawn point. speaking of which, you have a US flag there now with east ammo. I think you should double up on the full loaded ammo box here.  additional choices of weapons in the weaponspool would be nice.

Perhaps consider using mando hints for the messages you receive through out the mission. they look a bit better then the standard hints.

overall this time around I think the increase of playable units is a mistake. especially for respawn to base. it made the mission pretty easy in terms of time. there was no struggle. I look forward to see how you solve this. :D

Xbox Rocks