Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] RAH-66 Support Standard  (Read 10574 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: AH-64 Support Standard Mission
« Reply #15 on: 12 Mar 2009, 04:52:56 »
Hey it's been awhile for this thread savedbygrace.  Haha. I kind of have the desire now to get this mission out. Usually my good missions takes me a long time to make for some reason. :dunno:...

Anyway, I'll look into the briefing and work on the sounds and make the ending battle a little more interesting and harder...this last time I played it, I noticed that once you got to enter delux, the enemy tanks spawned earlier then I expected them too. Well this is a nice touch, makes it harder to have 10 tanks incoming to the town.

But I'm going to give it an effort to get this rolling with it's changing.. :)...

Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: AH-64 Support Standard Mission (updated! NEW)
« Reply #16 on: 25 Mar 2009, 16:05:12 »
I don't know how far you've got with your update. If you could incorporate the suggestions made by Denz and savedbygrace, that would be good. I tried the mission currently linked in the first post - please add version numbers from now, pretty please  :-*

In my own glass-half-empty way, I'll focus on what's wrong:

Lester's Invisible Targets
   - remove them from the intro and outro where they're not needed.
   - they are wrongly scripted, so they don't actually DO anything during the mission. When you look at the map (in Cadet mode) you can see it just sitting near the helipad.

The correct way to call them in the mission editor would be:
[this] exec "targeting.sqs"

and then
Code: (targeting.sqs) [Select]
_Target = _this select 0

#SetPos
_Target SetPos Getpos heli   <--- because 'heli' is the name given to the player's chopper
~0.1
Goto "SetPos"

Player Pickup
This doesn't work because the chopper called when this script is started (in the player's init line) is Heli1, and there is none by that name. There is Heli1_1, which, if renamed, ought to work.

Other
There is a trigger which depends on ... && not (alive myrp) - I think this ought to read ... && (({alive _x} count units mygrp) == 0)

Check end1.sqs - it has the somewhat confused message: "Mission Completed!, Mission Failed"

I think the min, avg and max scores in description.ext ought to be doubled.

- - - UPDATE - - -
Corrected syntax for the mygrp trigger.

Have tested with the revised script for Lester's Invisible Targets: now you get shot at by BMPs - in fact, I was once taken out by a missile from a BMP2, but that serves me right for moving slowly at the time. Normally it's just machine-gun fire which is survivable, though it slowly reduces the armour level.

Have tested the pickup script: it works - a chopper came and I got the message, but the stupid pilot insisted on strafing (incompetently) a BMP with his FFARs. I suggest replacing him with a UH-60 MG - hopefully he won't take it upon himself to engage enemy units then.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2009, 18:08:32 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: AH-64 Support Standard Mission (updated! NEW)
« Reply #17 on: 26 Mar 2009, 02:41:35 »
Thanks walter for correction. I fixed up all those and are looking into the more sound editing and fixing those.

the sqs script worked, so were good on that...have a bit more tweaking to do, but hopefully i'll get this out there soon.  :D

----update  March 27th 2009-----
Modifications are underway. I've changed this helicopte to the RAH-66, I thought it would be much better.
Give it a lof of style.  :)
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2009, 06:04:02 by NightJay0044 »

Offline firegraphite

• Members
Re: RAH-66 Support Standard Mission (Changed helicopter)
« Reply #18 on: 28 Mar 2009, 09:17:59 »
Hi all!
Good Day!

I'm not sure i've downloaded the right file, i got the one from the link at the first post.

Well, I've played it around three or four times i guess, the first two or three tries the blasted shilka gets to destroy my the chopper first. Then I guess i must have gotten the hang of it or something and managed to survive.

So on to the notes, at first I can't help laughing at the overview pic.. uhm.. sorry i don't know but i just found it funny. LoL. Then the bad acting stuff... mentioned before. hehehe.

Then on the game, yes there was the dialogue I noticed, "sattled" where I think that should have been "saddled"
So I got the bird in the air and headed for the tyrone. Oh yeah, I think it might be nice if there was a link to a marker in Tyrone in the briefing. Then I put away the shilka and destroyed the bmp. the T80(?) tried to run off and I had to chase it a bit before turning it to scrap metal.

They requested help with the infantry. Done and then an enemy convoy came snooping about. Went and faced the convoy head on when suddenly a rocket flew in my direction. Its one of those AA soldiers. But having survived that attack I was compelled to return the favor. hehe. Then proceeded to knock down the truck and BMP(?) and the objective ticked off already. but i went and took out the remaining tanks just the same.

Then I went and attacked the next objective despite being low on ammo. I was able to destroy a couple more shilkas and a T72. Although I wasn't sure I got that last T72 since I had to go back and rearm.

Now I wasn't sure where exactly to rearm. I just went and landed where I started and called support for a rearm but they trucks didn't seem to be interested. So I disembarked and tried to see if I could drive the ammo truck. Well, tough luck. The driver didn't have any intention of letting me drive his truck neither. Heheh.

And thats it, basically. I hope this helps. Its a pretty cool fun mission. And by the way, were the sounds made by uhm.. some kind of speaking notepad or something? They seemed rather generic... But they're ok.

Hey Cheers!!!     

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #19 on: 28 Mar 2009, 10:01:52 »
-----update all-------
The apache is no longer used. I changed it to the Comanche RAH-66 Helicopter. It's much better, adds style and diversity to the mission. Here is the new link below to download, I'll change it on the very first post.

RAH-66 Support [Savefile.com-download]

Comanche RAH-66 download Addon:

Comanche Helicopter [addon] - download [ofp.filefront]

---------------------------

The objectives are updated and ticked. Also one thing still needs to be fixed, once the mission is complete. There are a bunch of red X's at the debriefing, dont' know where that is from.

The mission is fully functional now except the ending debriefing, still need to work on that.

Also there is a note section in the briefing where you can see to rearm, use your radio by hitting (M) while in-game. there are the selections.

Yeah the voices were off of the OTT oddcast website, they are virtual voices, not real....

Thanks for playing,  yeah it is a fun mission...even I think so...the acting, yeah lol I had to do something, my scripting animations skills are not quite up there.  :)

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #20 on: 30 Mar 2009, 17:56:13 »
I would have preferred it if you had stuck with the Apache, until you had a finished version. Then you could release one with the Comanche as a Special Edition.

If you included a copy of Lester's Invisible Targets (BTW: LINK not working) in the zip, it would be a fun, ready-to-play helicopter mission, seeing how it's more involved than Ground Attack / Ground Attack II.

While it's still functioning, The Avon Lady's Quanah Parker Mission Pack can be downloaded from FileFront. This features the BIS helicopter missions converted to the Comanche, and sometimes migrated to converted BIS islands. To get the most from this, in addition to the Comanche you will need:
Zwadar's Desert Everon 2 (3.95 Mb) at GamePark. Alternatively at FileFront

Ebud's Jungle Everon v1.2 (5.9 Mb) on this page at GamePark

That's all I can remember off-hand.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #21 on: 30 Mar 2009, 23:58:49 »
Hey wo wo wo, that's a too much info there, but thanks though...hey I wanted to go with the Comanche...it works just fine..just had to change a few things.. :D...

So links are working good I'll check on that one you said..

Cheers, ensure now that this mission is ready for final reviewing status please... :)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: RAH-66 Support Standard Mission (Ready for Review)
« Reply #22 on: 13 Apr 2009, 13:31:58 »
Gave the latest version a go this morning. Heres my say....
I could tell right away that you put some more work into the voices.
Objective one was pretty clear, I cleared the town and was hovering around the area, and nothing was happening so I moved across the island and began engaging whatever I encountered. I pulled my logistics up to the next town which only looked to be less than 300 meters from their start point and returned to rearm, and repair. I wasn't sure what drop wings was in the choppers' action menu so I clicked it and there goes part of my chopper dropping off and crashing on civilian life below,Haha. I discover that one of the T72's was not fully destroyed so I fire a hellfire into it and voila, objective 2 appears...You should insert something like....?!(alive tank1) OR !(canmove tank1) then objstatus "1" done.
Anyways, whenever I entered the area above delta team, the radio addaction disappeared. I would have to fly out of the area to call in the Delta evac bird or anything else radio related. I was able to rearm my chopper only once, with hellfires.
Objective 3,4 and 5 never ticked off even though the delta team was rescued and brought back to base, I returned to base but nothing happened, no ending.
Think you got some trigger conditions that need tweaking.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #23 on: 19 Apr 2009, 23:06:14 »
Thanks, yes the mission has a sequence you play.

Destroy Armour in tyrone and clear the town of enemy personnel.

Next;

Then the next objective will appear after you have destroyed that the next one will appear.

I should change the first objective to Destroy armour and clear all enemies.

Try it like that it should work just fine. I've done it a bunch of times before. 

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #24 on: 07 May 2009, 12:18:03 »
i got it  :D unless someone else wants it, just PM me!
« Last Edit: 07 May 2009, 12:26:33 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #25 on: 07 May 2009, 18:25:02 »
Hi, so did you guys figure out how this mission works?

It should work just find.

Walter_E_Kurtz

RAH-66 Support (Review Complete)
« Reply #26 on: 01 Oct 2009, 00:15:00 »
I'm currently submitting a review - it should hopefully be available in the next few days.

Review Completed.

I gave this mission a score of 5 as there is one, potentially serious, bug as well as some inelegancies. A score of 6 is attainable; it would need the following corrections, in order of appearance:

- better picture for the overview
   - black-in used correctly at start of intro
   - spell-check on all text
   - fix link to Entre Deux marker in briefing objectives
   - improve skill of gunner
   - make sure that the conditions for Objective 3 and the player's Entre Deux waypoint are the same

Currently, Objective 3 ticks off once armour in Entre Deux is no longer a threat (not canmove or not canfire) but the waypoint demands that these vehicles are destroyed (not alive). It is not possible to complete the mission unless the vehicles are dead, despite the objective being marked as done.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2009, 01:27:48 by Walter_E_Kurtz »