Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Falklands Mod Progress  (Read 83611 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Falklands Mod Progress
« Reply #300 on: 15 Apr 2003, 12:50:02 »
i think they are static as i remember  :'(
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #301 on: 15 Apr 2003, 14:00:06 »
Some will move, but obviously you can't have a working car deck and a moveing ship, cos the stuff would fall through.....

DeLiltMon

« Reply #302 on: 15 Apr 2003, 16:04:48 »
Thought as much, still, it'll be an impressive sight to see the ramp drop and troop, trucks and landrovers sriving off  :D

DMoNUK

« Reply #303 on: 16 Apr 2003, 17:21:23 »

:D hi kevbaz

its Martin

nice argie models, keep it up

i iz getting broadband and op flashpoint in a few weeks so i will be around to kick your guyz ass  :P

DMoNUK

« Reply #304 on: 16 Apr 2003, 17:29:49 »
hey op flash peeps, hey FALKLANDS TEAM any ideas when its out, cuz i know kevbaz and he sayz u are gonna send it to pc gamer, rock on.

cant wait for it to cum out. looks one hell of an awesome mod.

specially the argies & brits models  ;D they look good

keep it going ladz cant wait for it. oh hope you dont mind me saying but does anyone know where i can get scripting help for unreal tournament, thanks alot guyz

[B-G]D-MoN    

DMoNUK

« Reply #305 on: 16 Apr 2003, 17:34:14 »
One class mod so far guyz,

Like the models of the brits and argies, like the vehicles also whilst im here does anyone know where i can get some scripting help for unreal tournament.

byeeee guyz [B-G]D-MoN

Mr_Shady

« Reply #306 on: 17 Apr 2003, 14:57:48 »
Yeah, try an Unreal Tournament site  ;D

Vyper

« Reply #307 on: 18 Apr 2003, 12:59:34 »
Welcome to the OFP world [B-G]D-MoN. Make sure that if you are a complete OFP newbie, as in you haven't had any copies before, get the cold edition so you can get Resistance in it (not forgetting the russian campaign of which the name momentarily illudes me).

Back on topic...COuld the BAS helo script in which the player is allowed to walk around a moving helo be used for boats also? i can't see why not but then i am infact a complete no hoper when it comes to scripting!

Vyper

Mr_Shady

« Reply #308 on: 18 Apr 2003, 16:10:22 »
I was talking to Deadmeat about the "walking in a moving helicopter while it's moving" script, and he said that it's not a wonder script that allows you to, I dunno, charge around the back of an MH-47 while it does 300mph and weaves to dodge flak. It's a simple (in theory, before you get Notepad out) setpos script that lets you walk in the heli while it's in the hover, and it "attaches" you to it when it's moving so you don't fall out. When it slows down enough, you can start walking again.

I'm sure that a lot of people thought that this thing was a do-all script, but I don't think that even BAS could make a workaround that's that impressive. I'm still excited about it, though  ;D

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #309 on: 19 Apr 2003, 21:15:53 »
Cbfasi's excellent work continues on HMS fearless.....

Vyper

« Reply #310 on: 19 Apr 2003, 22:46:38 »
that model looks amazing, especially the landing craft, very nice detail!!!!

With the script,, i kinda guessed it wouldn't change the gam eengine, however......HMS fearless can't do 300mph to my knowledge so could the script be used?

Vyper

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #311 on: 19 Apr 2003, 22:52:46 »
No idea, at the moment I am concentrating on getting the model into game with textures
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2003, 22:53:09 by CBFASI »
CBF Shipbuilding

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #312 on: 20 Apr 2003, 19:10:26 »
A Work in progress shot of the LCU in action.

Its not quite finished, with the upper deck textures needing to be done, and also some further detailing of the aft area.

Oh yes that ramp does work, although due to being a rixed rotation distance it will bury itself into the ground if the slope is too gently between the bow and the beach.  (if anyone knows how to stop this let me know please)
CBF Shipbuilding

Strangelove

« Reply #313 on: 21 Apr 2003, 12:13:29 »
Now that's nice...

KevBaz, how do the landing craft deploy from the ship?

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #314 on: 21 Apr 2003, 12:45:29 »
I will respond to this as its my work...

The landing craft in the images above that are within HMS Fearless are not part of the model and are there for show, the image just above is how the landing craft will be seen within the mod.

HMS Fearless will also be set in docked postion with a 1 degree slope which lowers the stern 10ft into the water which will allows craft to enter the docking well, the stern gate will also be operational.
CBF Shipbuilding