Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Warfare Help Needed?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
Warfare Help Needed?
« on: 18 Aug 2008, 23:46:13 »
How do i add new vehicles weapons and aircraft into warfare

i know were the files r but dont know how to get stuff to work its shown as a money sign but when i click on it its not there

i need to be able to add aircraft weapons and vehicles could u plz send me a link for a tutorial if possible cos i cant find one thnks  >:(

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
Re: Warfare Help Needed?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2008, 23:48:54 »
Hey and welcome to the forum, you will find nearly any and every thing in here, but when it comes to Warfare the best place is here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=5a41c34b68b259040b918a9e49fee6fa;act=SF;f=81

Now when your talking about "aircraft weapons" are we talking about the actual aircraft or the weapons on the aircrafts? Tell us 1 example of what you want done.

:edit:

Also the warfare biki is where I first started to learn how to modify this mod:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Warfare_1_-_Editing_Guide

Granted it doesn't tell you jack, but it did help in navigating this mod a lil.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2008, 00:07:09 by CrazyAce »

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2008, 14:39:38 »
This is wht i place down on the config loadouts to place aimpoint weps on warfare but only get the money showing and nothing else and when i click on it there is nothing there.

an i meant to put this Aircrart, Weapons and armour sry about tht

_weapon      = "AMP_M4A1_EO_D"
_ammo      = "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"
_w = _w      + [_weapon]
_n = _n      + [GetText (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "displayName")]
_i = _i      + [GetText (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "picture")]
_c = _c      + [55]
_a = _a      + [_ammo]
_an = _an   + [GetText (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _ammo >> "displayName")]
_ai = _ai   + [GetText (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _ammo >> "picture")]
_as = _as   + [GetNumber (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _ammo >> "type") / 256]
_ac = _ac   + [15]
 ???

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2008, 15:38:59 »
Yea, grammar is always a plus for getting the correct information :whistle:

It looks like you have an incorrect class name.

Unless I missed an update, here is a list of all the weapon class names form the mod config.cpp file:

Code: [Select]
AMP_M4A1_D
AMP_M4A1AIM_D
AMP_M4A1EOT_D
AMP_M4A1CQB_D
AMP_M4A1CQBE_D
AMP_M4A1SDCQB_D
AMP_M4A1CQBE_D
AMP_M4A1GL_D
AMP_M4A1GL_AG_D
AMP_M4A1GL_EO_D
AMP_M4A1SD_D
AMP_M4A1SDGL_D
AMP_M4SPR_D
AMP_M4SPR_SD_D
AMP_M249_D
AMP_M249_AG_D
AMP_M249_EO_D
AMP_M24_d
AMP_M107_d
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2008, 15:42:35 by CrazyAce »

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2008, 16:31:26 »
ah right man tht helped but i looked for tht config file but couldn't find it

and is there a one in the six sence wep packs to as i wish to add them, the rhs wep pack and the pistol pack

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2008, 16:42:25 »
Either the file will be called config.cpp or config.bin. The config.bin file needs a special program to open and save the file as a config.cpp file, which can be opened by notepad and read by humans. I use ArmA Unbin for that.

Every mod will have either one of these files (or sometimes both), without one or the other the mod will not work. And because people that create the config files for their mods don't follow a specific process, which one should for easy navigation, it can be sometimes difficult to understand.

If you got any other problems post em up.

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2008, 21:21:00 »
ok heres another brain twister im now steaming with tht config stuff i know were to find tht and tthts cool But...

when i place the mcnools desert vehicles pack into the config files light and heavy they spawn but i cannot get the names to show

E.G. Desert UAZ Mg

instead its blank with the cost it spwans ok i just need to get the name working
 :scratch:

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2008, 16:54:03 »
In the Config_LightFactory.sqs file you will see vehicle sections as an example this:

_u = _u + ["HMMWV50"]
_d = _d + [Localize "STR_DN_HMMWV50"]
_c = _c + [200]
_m = _m + [200 + (westBarracksCosts Select WSOLDIERTYPE) * 2]
_t = _t + [17]
_p = _p + [13]
_o = _o + [false]
_i = _i + ["\Ca\wheeled\data\ico\HMMWV50_CA.paa"]

The line that says _d = _d is the description line of the vehicle spawning, this name will show up in the buy menu, is this what you are talking about?

Now the description code of:

+ [Localize "STR_DN_HMMWV50"]

Is stating that the *.xml file in the mod holds the name information to display in the buy menu; this can also be changed to look like this:

+ ["HMMWV50"]

I got rid of it looking for the .xml file and instead to just display HMMWV50 in the buy menu. So in the _d line of your vehicle just place the name of what you want to show in the buy menu:

+ ["Desert UAZ Mg"]

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2008, 00:19:15 »
Thks man ur help is much abliged thk god ur here but ima keep these coming mind lol

:cool2:

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2008, 00:56:44 »
Not at all keep them coming, but please do work on your spelling and grammar. The site admins would also appreciate it as others and I would. :yes:

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2008, 18:57:56 »
Ok Sorry about my speeling but here goes now i have the mcnools desert vehicles working but i would like to know how the ai teams can buy them instaed of the standard ones

and how i can place a 5ton truck in the ai infintry squad so they use the to move around the map quicker

Thanks for all your help so far my friends   :good:

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 25 Aug 2008, 19:08:35 »
Sorry man but the Warfare community is still trying to work on the AI aspect of things. Currently no one has come forward with any information on how to get the AI to buy, man and use other vehicles like Air and such. :dunno:

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #12 on: 25 Aug 2008, 21:40:05 »
ok man well thanks anyway ill see what i can do and if i brake it well ive got backups

Ok man ive found out how to do that and got it to work as well so ill see what else i need doing be back soon  :cool2:
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2008, 23:34:28 by B2KDragon »