Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Fast Rope/ Drop Ladder with Chopper  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
Fast Rope/ Drop Ladder with Chopper
« on: 17 Aug 2008, 23:19:09 »
Ok, so I once posted that I wanted the BAS mah60 (fast rope/drop ladder options) to be converted from OFP to ArmA. Someone said I first should get permission... so I emailed them.

Now 4-5 months later, no response..... Since ArmA and OFP are open source I do not think that converting the scripts is a problem. However, if I use the same model for the chopper that might be a problem....

In no way do I intend to hide the fact that I took the scripts from a OFP BAS chopper...

What I would like to know is, do these kind of functions (fast rope/drop ladder) need to be in a addon? I am worried about the image of the actual ladder/rope that drop down. I do not know if this is something you can just do in scripting....

If this is something that can just be done in scripting then there is no need to make a chopper to support this.... but if it does need to be a addon then I think a "worthy" chopper is needed. The BAS chopper (basically a UH60) had the options of both doors being open/closed. Also another cool thing is that soldiers could sit with their feet hanging out of the chopper (think something like little bird look)....

So, if this is something in need of a addon I will need someone to do the modelling of the chopper for me and I will work on the scripts, hopefully with some help from OFPEC community too...

thanks

ps. I dont know if I posted this in the right forum board, feel free to switch it......
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline Delta

• Members
  • Shazayme, Babye !
Re: Fast Rope/ Drop Ladder with Chopper
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2008, 20:29:57 »
Hello mate,

ahh the BAS chopper rappels - you can make em work outside of the addon but you'd still use some of the models (the dropping action places units inside a mini invisable vehicle during descent,ect).
I think noone managed to get it to work in their own addons apart from a coastguard version which wasnt as good.

Insertions are as easy as pie and if you search about here, you'll find the ofpec rappel scripts which will be of value for referrence.Pickups are a little bit more interesting.

If you have any probs / questions with this feel free to pm me as I might be able to help.

Tara,

SSD

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2008, 20:53:21 »
So here are all the relevant scripts from the OFP BAS_MAH60. Fast rope and drop ladder. If you are interested in modelling this you might need to give it a look.....if you are a well versed scripter that is also needed.

Edit: attachment (Fast Roping Scripts from MAH60.rar) lost in the crash of 2009; BAS Blackhawks, if needed - WEK
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2011, 00:19:31 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2008, 02:34:28 »
Do I recall fastroping with Footmunch's Merlin, or am I tripping? Only "downside" as it were, was that it had a tendency to roll the chopper one way slightly. Fine in SP, but when 10 people all click the fastrope option in MP... :D

Anyway, not sure if it was the same script, but maybe worth looking into?

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2008, 02:54:17 »
ok thanks.... What I am thinking about though requires no Triggers or activation spots on map.... you can select it whenever/wherever you want. There can also be a HUMAN pilot!!!! He just needs to slow down the chopper and bring it down to the proper altitude.

Is this the same?

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2008, 03:00:18 »
Yes, it might actually be the same script, i'm not really sure, i've just depbo'd it (still have ofp installed like the sad bastard I am) and its definately got a rappel script in it, though. It worked without triggers, etc, and yes, usable by humans, needing to be slowed, etc...

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2008, 08:12:55 »
Dont worry baby, I still got in installed too lol... OFP lives on hahaha