Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ArmA OFPEC Blood Effects Script v1.4 error  (Read 1947 times)

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
ArmA OFPEC Blood Effects Script v1.4 error
« on: 31 Jul 2008, 23:16:16 »
Searched here and didn't pull up anything relivent for Arma.

uhh, where to begin... I guess I'll post this screen shot error and see if it makes sense to anyone. I did download this mod from Armaholics.

I guess its trying to tell me that 18 elements are there, but the game is expecting 19..?  :dry:

So I tore apart the mod and I can't seem to find what it wants, I keep getting that error every time someone dies or gets shot.  :confused:

The only "drop" line I can find is in Blood_Spawn_Particles.sqs

Code: [Select]
drop ["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Blood\Blood.p3d", "Billboard", 1, _timetolive,[_pos select 0,_pos select 1,0.75], [_xvel,_yvel,_zvel], 1, 0.05, 0.0045, 0, [_size], [blood_particle_color,blood_particle_color,blood_particle_color,blood_particle_color], [0,1,0], 0.5, 0.05, "", _text, ""]

So in short what can I do to fix this?

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
Re: ArmA OFPEC Blood Effects Script v1.4 error
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2008, 01:32:30 »
COMREF says here

Particle array format:
[ShapeName,AnimationName,Type,TimerPeriod,LifeTime,Position,
MoveVelocity,RotationVelocity,Weight,Volume,Rubbing,Size,Color,
AnimationPhase,RandomDirectionPeriod,RandomDirectionIntensity,
OnTimer,BeforeDestroy, Object]

so
drop ["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Blood\Blood.p3d", "Billboard", 1, _timetolive,[_pos select 0,_pos select 1,0.75], [_xvel,_yvel,_zvel], 1, 0.05, 0.0045, 0, [_size], [blood_particle_color,blood_particle_color,blood_particle_color,blood_particle_color], [0,1,0], 0.5, 0.05, "", _text, ""]is missing the animation name, so it should be:
drop ["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Blood\Blood.p3d", "", "Billboard", 1, _timetolive,[_pos select 0,_pos select 1,0.75], [_xvel,_yvel,_zvel], 1, 0.05, 0.0045, 0, [_size], [blood_particle_color,blood_particle_color,blood_particle_color,blood_particle_color], [0,1,0], 0.5, 0.05, "", _text, ""]
(At least, I think!! :P)

Hope that helps!!

Luke
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2008, 01:34:24 by Luke »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2008, 05:31:51 »
Now see originally the code did have the "", Animation Name in it as so. When I first got that error I went in and deleted that code thinking that "", means nothing and to get rid of it as there was nothing defined in the quotes.

:edit:

Wait the original code that came with the mod (the code listed above in your script luke) gave a generic expression error.
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2008, 07:00:13 by CrazyAce »

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2008, 06:45:48 »
IDK,  I know thats what your missing, but don;t know what to fill it with   :dunno:

Ask an expert to be sure (On particles, I most definitely am NOT  :D)

Check the "experts for hire".

Luke
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2008, 11:37:35 by bedges »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2008, 11:37:16 »
The drop command requires that number of elements. If a certain effect doesn't require (for example) an animation element, you still need to express that which is why "" is used - the element is there, but contains no data.

Since there are several variables being passed to the drop command ([_size], _text, etc) I suspect it's one of those that's undefined.

On a side note, the Experts for Hire section is a place where members can identify themselves as individuals who are able to help with specific projects - such as providing graphics or voice acting - and not a list of people who you should contact personally with scripting queries.