Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Life In Nogova - New RPG Direction  (Read 2537 times)

Offline RolsRois

• Members
  • I'm not sure of who i am anymore
    • Rambm Workshop
Life In Nogova - New RPG Direction
« on: 31 Jul 2008, 22:11:32 »
Seems like a Deja-vou, i started a mission just like this, but it was erased.
anyway, :D, I'm now developing a new RPG mission, life in nogova.
meanwhile there are only:
-public transportation
-car shop

i tought about building an Air Force base.
all the rpg ideas to the mission?
-JOBS
-SIDE-JOBS
-OTHER PARAMETERS OR SYSTEM IDEAS

i was thinking more of FTA mod just with a lot more action, and ofcourse, not the same.
FLOOD ME WITH IDEAS :clap:!
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2008, 23:00:29 by RolsRois »
Rambm Workshop, A New way of playing OFP
http://www.freewebs.com/rambm/
yes its on freewebs! Got a problem?

Offline Acecool

• Members
Re: Life In Nogova - New RPG Direction
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2008, 05:49:58 »
Cool man, if you need help lemme know :-)

I am rebuilding crimecity from scratch on Skye island, and probably going to port it to the other islands :-)

right now I have money system, ATM banking, and licenses for everything under the sun lol....

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 08 Aug 2008, 13:03:20 »
hi , i thought maybe adding the jobs like cops and robbers, that way you can have a bank robbed and the good ol police shoot out. possible , maybe!!!!!!

jobs like=
pilot
medic
Air Force base heli pilot

any idea on addons yet?

nogova is a good civi island and would cut down on an island download, unless there is a big city in a island addon. as Acecool could help with that,,,  :yes:
anyways i am interested in seeing what you all come up with, you can count on me for beta testing.
Semper Fi

Offline Acecool

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2008, 18:30:05 »
I just finished a turbo script that lets you engage it, and it makes you accelerate a bit more and increases top end... like on the yellow skoda top speed is around 160/170 :-)

And, when you press the brakes or run into something, or run off the road it disengages :-)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2008, 06:22:37 »
What sort of ideas are you in need of? Side job objectives, places of business, places of interests, purchasable items. If you guys have not checked it out yet, Trinity Island is a nice island although not near as large as Nogova. Kodiak island is a large island with lots of wilderness and one awesome harbor and airfield combination. It also has two other airports, one small private airfield and another. It also has a winter version which is very nice indeed. check em out atleast, they are worth the look. Let me know what sort of ideas you are in need of eh?

Offline RolsRois

• Members
  • I'm not sure of who i am anymore
    • Rambm Workshop
« Reply #5 on: 10 Aug 2008, 18:25:47 »
Any ideas, jobs, even side missions, anything is possible.
but the thing is, this is a Single-player mission, so i think if it's RPG single player you can get very bored in a little bit of time, no?
Rambm Workshop, A New way of playing OFP
http://www.freewebs.com/rambm/
yes its on freewebs! Got a problem?

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 10 Aug 2008, 18:49:03 »
I think that a single player RPG could be good, if it was done well. Jobs and sidequests could feature together, like you can get different quests depending on what job you have. Also, jobs could deliver a salary, every few minutes or something. Obviously military could come somewhere in it, maybe even a twist like an invasion, though don't make it a cleché. You could even use time for something like development in military units. Use the whole island, and a good idea could be to use relationships or maybe a family, but make sure you have a point to it, somewhere to end. Make it a complete experience.
I'd love to play it if it's done well, and ensure you have a good replay factor, so people will play it again and again.

I'd definately beta test it.
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton

Offline Kendo J

• Members
  • Britain Has more varieties of cheese than France
« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2008, 14:38:12 »
RPG mission sounds good, I like the idea, however, I love OFP for it's military simulation value. Have you considered factions that can change sides? For example some mobsters working for the resistance go over to the yanks because they have more money?

I woud like to play this as long as there is an on going civil war that you can get involved in... e.g. war profiteering... like selling arms to the resistance or selling intel to the occupying force? then of course getting a job as a mercenary like being hired to kill a general.

Kendo