Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: how do i get a named unit to set off a trigger? [solved]  (Read 986 times)

Offline danturn

• Members
How can i set a trigger so that  a unit (named bob) sets it off and no one else?
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2008, 21:37:08 by danturn »

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: how do i get a named unit to set off a trigger?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jul 2008, 20:54:23 »
Activation: anybody present
Condition: bob in thislist

Cheers
Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline danturn

• Members
Re: how do i get a named unit to set off a trigger?
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jul 2008, 21:36:53 »
excellent, thanks

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: how do i get a named unit to set off a trigger? [solved]
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jul 2008, 23:48:11 »
Or, alternatively you could do it without any scripting commands, just by drawing a line as stated in the beginners tutorial.

This trigger won't be able to detect if the player is inside, because no activation has been filled in. We have two options, the first is to set activation to BLUFOR. It will then activate upon the player entering the trigger as he is on the BLUFOR side. However, to make the trigger more unique, we will synchronize the trigger and the player's unit. By doing that, the activation will switch to "vehicle" resulting in the trigger only activating upon the player's presence.

To do so, select F2 or groups and group the player and the trigger by drawing a line between them (Image 8). This should create a blue line between the trigger and the player's unit. If you open up the trigger's dialog, you will see that the activation has been switched to "vehicle". With this done, the mission should end upon completing both of the objectives and making it back to open sea - alive.

Note that however the method is different, the end result will be the same.
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2009, 21:02:10 by bedges »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!