Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI Indirect fire  (Read 1502 times)

Offline trooper543

• Members
AI Indirect fire
« on: 06 Jun 2008, 02:05:07 »
Hi there All

I am trying to find a script or a way of getting AI to fire indirect

What i have is a mortar platoon located just behind a ridge  and a spotter hidden on another hill top
What i would like to do is get the spotter to be able to relay the enmey position and call in the mortar strike

i am using the llw_l16 from Lowlands Warrior addon for this mission

What would be helpful if within the script it would take into account the distance and then tell the mortar teams the distance and angle they would need to fire as well as what charge to fire.

Mortar - Primary  - 110-520 meters
Mortar - Charge 1 - 390-1120 meters
Mortar - Charge 2 - 580-1710 meters
Mortar - Charge 3 - 780-2265 meters
Mortar - Charge 4 - 1070-3080 meters

is there anyone that could please assist me in this request as this would go toward helping making my mission a reality

many thanks in advance

cheers

Trooper

Offline Barbolani

• Members
Re: AI Indirect fire
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2008, 12:47:44 »
Hi,

AFAIK REAL indirect fire with grenades can be a hell to implement via scripting in this case...

SIMULATED indirect fire could be done.

Anyway, in reality no one would use a grenade launcher to hit with indirect fire at that distance... If you think on some artillery, check Mr Murray arty script.. is GREAT!!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2008, 20:22:40 »
Do you need the artillery to effectively fire the shells? Or is it enough to spawn them with a reallistic spread over the targeted bearing and range?

Offline trooper543

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2008, 21:28:58 »
@ mandoble

Yes i do need the artillery to fire the shells effectively

@ All

The point of the script is so that it can be attached to a radio operator / spotter that will be able to pass the coordinates back to the artillery/mortar platoon.  This will then enable the AI/player to effectively fire indirect.

Offline Pirin

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jun 2008, 07:10:15 »
The point of the script is so that it can be attached to a radio operator / spotter that will be able to pass the coordinates back to the artillery/mortar platoon.  This will then enable the AI/player to effectively fire indirect.

I believe this has already been done, and it actually fires the round:  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2121