Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Converting good OFP stuff to ArmA...  (Read 1496 times)

Offline 05hunterd

• Members
Converting good OFP stuff to ArmA...
« on: 16 May 2008, 21:02:06 »
AS the name suggests, I'm trying to port some stuff into ArmA.

Before going public, I was going to get all the rights and stuff, but wanted to try and do it personally before hand.  I've started with the CSJ 737-600, and his other works, and to make it display in the editor, all I have done is changed the requiredVersion from 1.96 to 1.08.
 Now, when placed, I preview it in the editor, with an immediate CTD and this error message:

Anyone any ideas?

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
Re: Converting good OFP stuff to ArmA...
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2008, 11:56:54 »
OFP binarised ODOL version was different than in ArmA causing ArmA not able to load and identify the p3d correctly, giving you yhis error.
In order to see binarised OFP models 1st you need to convert them in MLOD format.
MLOD format can be opend both in ArmA and OFP and O2 offcourse.
Use ODOL Explorer 2.0 that comes with WrpTool you can get the tool from PMC tactical WebSite.
http://tactical.nekromantix.com/ofp/wrp.php
Instructions of how you can nstall it, are well documented in this site.

BUT after you convert it in MLOD you can possibly view it in ArmA but no animation will work. And that's cause of the new skeleton structure of ArmA animations.
In order to make it work you need to create a models.cfg file, and inside it you need to create 2 classes class cfgSkeletons and Class cfgModels.
i suggest download BIS sample models and see how this thing works.
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=26dee74a25bffd5d03176b1bb42b817a;act=ST;f=61;t=67070

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Re: Converting good OFP stuff to ArmA...
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2008, 15:59:58 »
But as mentioned in the other ArmA forum in response to your question;

#1: Get permission from the original author first, otherwise it could be a bit waste of time.