Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [CAMP] Campaign "Eaglets"  (Read 7465 times)

Offline [OTK]sansey

• Members
(Review Completed) [CAMP] Campaign "Eaglets"
« on: 31 Mar 2008, 12:39:20 »
Campaign developed by sansey.

Campaign was tested by OTK creative collective on ArmA 1.09 Queen's Gambit.
Necessary add-on: MiG-15 by Volkstrum and Bdfy
mirror
mirror

Voiced by sansey, SniperGRU, Voenkom, ArtGer, Lost, SLAYER, CHAS.

Sounds from ECP 1.085 mod, "Retaliation: Peacemaker" and "Near Dark: Armageddec" campaigns are used in this campaign. Thanks to the authors of these projects.

Particulary grateful to:
SniperGRU, ArtGer for restless testing and plot design help.
Lost for scripting support.
Loktew for artistic skills.
StumbleR and Ducatisto for translation

OFPEC Download
DOWNLOAD CAMPAIGN MIRROR1
DOWNLOAD CAMPAIGN MIRROR2

Sahrani is getting close to war. US forces are preparing to enter and occupy our sovereign state. Several enemy recon planes have been spotted in our skies, intelligence reports possible enemy diversion groups imposing on our territory as well. Due to this state of alert, that is why our army, including air forces, are alerted and operational. Regular scrambles and target practices are being carried out.

6 missions and 8 separate cutscenes will force you to compress a virtual steering wheel with pleasure.
You are allowed to take off!

cheetah: added please review tags - requested by wass
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2008, 17:25:12 by Cheetah »

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [CAMP] Campaign "Eaglets"
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2008, 17:15:35 »
Promising campaign, different from the normal infantry perspective. Will surely give it a whirl this weekend!
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2008, 17:28:21 »
I've played a couple of missions of this when it first came out in the BIS forums, and so far I've gotten to something like mission 3 - lots of fun! Of course, being a keyboard-and-mouse man, flying the damned things trying to hit something unguided isn't always very rewarding, but it's worth it to fight past ArmA's sometimes lacking flightmodel for the cutscenes and the ambiance in general! Too bad a lot of the cutscenes can't load due to me not having QG, but the missions themselves do play!

My only bother is that it seems the MiGs/flying is a bit too much for my ol' computer, and even with settings kept very low I soon start getting graphical glitches and CTDs (very strange "blurry text" glitch as well). But aside from that - well worth the time and effort! Very well set up and voice-acted, and the planes themselves are beauts!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2008, 17:37:38 »
Hi, just tried the first mission.

I cannot complete it, because I cannot get the yaw rudder to work and I fail to properly line up the convoy of training trucks in my gunsight.
But what I can say is that the atmosphere is great, nice cutscene at the beginning, and the MiG flies like a dream. And I have one complaint: There is no Briefing. Providing one would really have enhanced the mission and the player would know what to do from the start. Otherwise the mission is looking very good.

Cheers

Mathias

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2008, 18:24:16 »
I finished the campaign a few days ago already, when it was released on Armedassault.Info. I've got to say that the missions are really atmospheric and enjoyable. :) All the missions are different on their weather conditions, daytimes and on the objectives, which is good. The voice acting sounds good too, although I can't understand Russian. The only thing bothering me is the entering of the coordinates for landing, in the missions where you start from the northern airfield. When I push the action, nothing happens, so I always had to land manually.
Othern than that, a really good campaign... and a very nice addon too!

Offline CAS_Daniel

• Members
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: 01 Apr 2008, 19:13:41 »
Flew through this campaign with keyboard and mouse and loved every second of it! Some very cool features, and sub plots going on - really makes it feel like a full battlefield. The arty hitting the stinger ambush for example. Found it very rewarding killing things without being able to tab lock them too.

A superb campaign for a my current favourite plane.  :)
Romeo 2.5 UK-based Light Infantry Platoon
forums.romeo25.com/

Offline Wass

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 02 Apr 2008, 18:31:22 »
And I have one complaint: There is no Briefing.
Man, it has a Briefing. For Russian and English language.

Sahrani is getting close to war. US forces are preparing to enter and occupy our sovereign state. Several enemy recon planes have been spotted in our skies, intelligence reports possible enemy diversion groups imposing on our territory as well. Due to this state of alert, that is why our army, including air forces, are alerted and operational. Regular scrambles and target practices are being carried out.
Flight instructions:
{Attacking air targets.}
{Attacking ground targets.}
------------------------------------
Get to your {plane}
Begin training flight
Destroy targets at the {training area}
Take down the enemy helicopter ({saboteur evacuation point})
Land on the {airfield}

So, it gonna be a trouble with your Arma. What language you use?

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: 02 Apr 2008, 18:49:58 »
I used ArmA German, I am just used to having all Briefings displayed, irrespective of language selection (eg. English ones, even if the rest of my ArmA is German). Works with the English language. But there is an error message: "missing downloadable content: sara_dbe1". Note that I don't use Queen's Gambit while I play the campaign, but it works anyway after this error message.

Oh, and I like the Overview pictures.  :)

Cheers

Offline Wass

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 03 Apr 2008, 00:29:39 »
But there is an error message: "missing downloadable content: sara_dbe1". Note that I don't use Queen's Gambit while I play the campaign, but it works anyway after this error message.
Campaign used animations from QG. Its strongly recommend to have QG installed. We dont test campaign without QG, so we didnt know how much any mistakes will be in game proccess...

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 07 Apr 2008, 16:07:13 »
Have just played the campaign until the mission where I have to defend against the marine landing in north sahrani. Really enjoying so far, well done! Nice animations in the cutscenes and challenging missions. Luckily they aren't too long, because I tend to use up a lot of ammo versus ground targets. Still have a few problems with those convoys, even after reading the combat manuas - good read.

Attached is a picture of my aircraft after the Rahmadi mission.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2008, 11:59:58 »
Is this campaign ready for review?

Offline Wass

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 13 May 2008, 10:15:22 »
Is this campaign ready for review?
mm...what you mean?
you gonna make a review?

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: 13 May 2008, 18:45:58 »
"Ready for review" means that the creators consider the campaign done and final and want the mission depot staff to review it, so that it appears with a score in the mission depot, which is different from beta testing where everybody can write his likes and dislikes about it..

Offline Wass

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 14 May 2008, 00:15:42 »
ok, i see. yes, this campaign is ready for review.
P.S. I'm not creator of topic, but we from one missionmakers team.
I have the right to speak instead of him

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [CAMP] Campaign "Eaglets" (please review)
« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2008, 20:08:59 »
I'll review this campaign.