Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MP COOP mission "1-37 Seize Ortego"  (Read 2609 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
MP COOP mission "1-37 Seize Ortego"
« on: 27 Feb 2008, 22:56:08 »
Hello everyone I'm new in this forum.

I have been making OFP missions for years and this is one of my first attempts in ArmA. This mission is done with great attention to action and atmosphere, lots of custom sounds and hopefully you agree that it's a good setup for a MP mission. A readme file is included. One of my constant frustrations is that my MP scripting is less reliable than SP scripting. I would appreciate any kind of feedback. I have still not included any intros or cutscenes, since my opinion is that all of that is a waste if the mission itself isn't entertaining enough. Basically nothing fancy yet, just plain gameplay. High end PC might be needed, since viewdistance is 3000 meters with quite a few units in Ortego.

Sincerely

Laggy

P.S I've read the thread on submissions, but please tell me if my material insufficiant in any way D.S
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2008, 01:27:36 by Planck »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Denz

Re: MP COOP mission "1-37 Seize Ortego" Review Please
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2008, 23:10:38 »
What! No Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory in the zip  :P

No, it's fine although we do like to have a couple of screenshots for the review etc.
It wouldn't hurt to post one or two in your first post either.

We usually put missions through a period of beta testing before reviewing them just to ensure it all works as it should.
Anyway, I'll try to take a look soon.
I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: MP COOP mission "1-37 Seize Ortego"
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2008, 23:17:22 »
Thanks alot.

I'll definetly put some screenshots in next time. Now I'll look for missions to test.
Look forward to hearing your opinion, I just posted another mission as well.

Bye for now.

Laggy

« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2008, 01:26:46 by Planck »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2008, 22:59:45 »
Hey guys.

This is actually quite a good MP mission (from my POV). I'm still waiting to be slaughtered or blessed. Give it to me...

Cheers

Laggy

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2008, 04:41:47 »
The intro doesnt seem to work for me.
I tried it out a couple of times, in each case it took atleast a minute to get the orders, by the time I got them i was already there. I suspect its because I choose the intro/cutscene to display and because I don't see it, I just started approaching town.

Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2008, 05:04:52 »
Sorry about that hoz.

The intro function in the MP screen is not activated yet. It's a leftover from other missions. A .ext I use as a template. I believe I wrote in the readme that no "fancy stuff" was added yet. Hope you try the mission out though and let me know what it lacks in terms of playability.

Eye candy, intros and effects can be added later. I just want the mission itself to be enjoyable before glazing it in effetcs.

The appr.  1 minute delay is the wait for special forces to take out the ComLink (described in briefing). When they succeed or die, you are ordered to approach Ortego.

Cheers

Laggy
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2008, 05:10:25 by laggy »