Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC cooperation with A.C.E  (Read 1829 times)

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
OFPEC cooperation with A.C.E
« on: 25 Feb 2008, 00:01:35 »
First of all, even before the introduction, I'd like to say a BIG and honest sorry to Mandoble!
Sorry for posting so late Mandoble.  :confused:

Next I'd like to tell you guys from OFPEC, staff and normal members alike, my personal gratitude
to your long lasting and excellent job for the OFP-ArmA community.  :good:

Why read on?

You may read a few interesting ideas, suggestions and stories.  :)

So who is this guy and why did he come here?

Hello my name is Q. In the old days people called me core dev of WGL5 MOD for OFP. At the same time
I am engaged in many PvP aspects of the community for a very long time.
These days I am dev and SCRUM master of the A.C.E MOD.
A.C.E. is the successor of the WarGames League MOD in ArmA. The focus of this project lies in realism,
teamwork- and gameplay-enhancing features. In other words we are mainly focused on configs and scripts.

Boring ... get to the point..

We would like to suggest a cooperation between the OFPEC community (staff and members alike)
and the A.C.E project. Mandoble and I had a very good talk almost two months ago.
I believe that both projects and community have very good and different expertise and knowledge
about different aspects of the game and community. That can be shared and learned from both sides.

We are from the addon world, even more the MOD world. We are orientated primarily on MP play, large
scale MP play, both coop and PvP, nevertheless we want to offer the best SP experience as well as
helping MM (mission makers) creating excellent missions.

Topics of interest we can offer:

(The links only work with a forum account and the correct permissions)

Project management

Coding

Tools

To name a few. Of course I could have posted about ACE features, however the idea here is
that people actually might be interested in different aspects. As a MOD you have in addition
other things to worry about and to take care of. Nevertheless most of these topics can be
even very interesting and relevant to one man projects.
I for one, use SVN all the time - regular expressions are a life saver.  :)

The first one states open development. We want to give everyone at least read access to the
development of the ACE MOD.
At this point we still have an agreement with Solus from the SLX MOD that stops us from making it
completely public. If you are interesting in it, please contact me.
Once we will move into the ACE open beta, almost the complete forum will be open for anyone to check. :)

Topics we are interested in:

• Modularity - our features should be work standalone best. This means single addon or non addon version.
  • Compatibilty - we want you to have ACE work along with MOD X and MOD Y at the same time. We try to achieve that by using all the standards (NWD, CAVS, XEH, etc), high quality config, clear and easy understanding, modularity to name a few.
  • Scripting and config expertise - we are operating on the borders, have complicated features and new projects planned.
  • Feedback and questions - sharing of knowledge and expertise.
  • Integrating features into ACE for simple MM activation or auto-startup.
  • Suggestions and tools for the MM to make his life easier.

I hope I haven't lost of all of you yet. :)
Hopefully this post has given you somewhat an idea what this cooperation is all about.
Even more you found this interesting and you look forward to have this develop.

Thanks for your attention!

best regards
Q

ACE page: http://ace.usmc-warriors.org/
ACE forum: http://ace.usmc-warriors.org/forums/index.php

Offline Adam David

• Members
Re: OFPEC cooperation with A.C.E
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2008, 21:41:37 »
Hello, I am just a simple reader, but aren't you guys the next ArmA WGL mod type modders?? (lol this came out quite strange, but I think you'll get the point lolz)  :D