Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Clean Sweep  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
(Review Completed) [SP] Clean Sweep
« on: 04 Jan 2008, 19:15:53 »
Clean Sweep
Version: 1.00

Type: SP
Addons: none

Mission Summary:
Eliminate all SLA troops in Gulan in a quick assault.

OFPEC Review
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2009, 17:30:20 by hoz »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Clean Sweep
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2008, 13:08:25 »
Package

Has everything it needs, e.g. a readme and a promo pic.

Overview

Could use a picture, since you already provided one with the package.

Intro

None, as this is a "no frills", easy-to-make-mission. Yet I still like to see an intro.

Briefing

Very short. It could have some sentences of a background story. Since the Briefing is already present, it could not hurt to write just a little more. I just want to have some sense of "why we fight" in each and every mission. And a weapons selection would be very handy, although I am not sure if that would be "too much frills".

Mission

Just a quick shoot-em-up. I did not like the time limit that comes with no logical reason, and the stress it imposed, because it defeats the whole purpose of ArmA as a tactical shooter in my opinion. I would have preferred to have no time limit, but a wave of attackers after I captured that village. But each to his own.  ;)

Outro

See Intro.

Conclusion

I am not sure if I like the "no frills" category of quick-and-dirty-missions, but I think I have to see more of them to get a feeling for it. Please take no offense, each beta test is an expression of personal taste anyway. Technically speaking, the mission was flawless! And I am sure that many people will like it, as it enables to get some "public fame" for simple missions resting on anyone`s hard disk. As all mission editors know, it is very pleasing to read that someone else likes your very own mission. Don`t get discouraged just because this one is not exactly "my cup of tea".

Cheers

Mathias

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2008, 03:50:09 »
Played with ArmA v.1.09 Beta + Queen's Gambit, TrueMods and Lowplants. Veteran difficulty.

Package
The package has everything it needs.

Overview
The overview is good, but it could use an image.

Briefing
You should tell about the forces in the area - what kind of friendly teams there are and how much enemies will there be in Gulan. Also, you should tell why the village needs to be cleared in 5 minutes. Enemy reinforcements? :P

It is also unclear which of the teams are you leading...

Mission
I sent my team mates ahead on their own and I myself advanced by the dirt road. Fast and deadly, we cleared the village in no-time and there were no problems finding the remainings of the enemies either... :D

Debriefing
Completed the mission with 12 infantry kills & duration of 3 minutes. No friendly casualties.

Summary
Another basic mission. Reminded me of the BIS 'Clean Sweep' missions. Good for beginngers.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2008, 16:19:09 »
Updated mission posted.

v1.01 with removed timer and a few other improvements.

This one is ready for review.

EDIT: added overview image.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2008, 09:38:41 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [SP] Clean Sweep (review please)
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2008, 00:07:08 »
This mission has been reviewed and can be dowloaded Here at the Mission Depot. Enjoy!

Also, the discussion is now opened! What are your thoughts on this one?

« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 12:36:17 by Cheetah »